Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed to see him leave, looked like he had a chance of making it into the squad and was still only 19. I assume with the imminent KDB signing he knew his playing time would be slim and now was his time to move on.

I hope we have some sort of first option on him as I do believe he will be a great player in a few years time. A little disappointing he (or the club) felt he had to leave rather than take one more year, be it as backup or on loan, to break into the team but it is understandable from his own perspective.

All that talk of playing youth is starting to fall a bit flat on its face now unfortunately with Lopes off and Denayer down the list with Otemendi signing. Hope Nacho gets some decent play time. I guess in reality not many teams bring through academy players in this day and age who want to challenge for multiple trophies.

Honestly if I wasn't a City fan and City came in for me as a teenager I'd go elsewhere. Just absolutely no chance of breaking into the first team at City whatsoever. I thought this would be the year, with Lopes, Denayer and Kelechi promoted, that we'd see some youth integrating into the team. How wrong I was. We go out and buy Otamendi (completely unnecessary) and KDB leaving Denayer and Lopes no hope at all of ever breaking into the first team for the foreseeable. Feel sorry for Roberts, Garcia, Barker etc, they're actually fucked. Looks like we're turning into Chelsea, just buying all the best youth about and selling them for a profit after a couple loan spells.

I hope we get Pep next season, or the season after at the latest because as much as I like Pellegrini, he doesn't give two shits about the youth, all he's bothered about is saving his arse. This actually has me really pissed off. If Kelehi doesn't get 20 minutes against Watford then RIP to anyones chances of breaking through.

I have to agree. I am not bothered about us selling Lopes. He didn't want to extend his contract, so we had no choice. I have come to terms with him moving on. But for Pellegrini to either not know, or not really care... well that's disappointing.

Or perhaps he was keeping our negotiation position secret.
You don't have to tell the truth, the press don't.

the new etihad youth campus setup is going to take about 10 years to bare fruit of the standers of the level we want to fight for first team squad each season and then it will be only 1 or 2 that will be on the world level that Manchester city are looking for the real life of a youth player is better at a smaller club outside of the top 4 they are given time to learn the game the pressure is of and they can grow up with a first team squad of older players who have been and done it before

the thing that is missing at the Etihad youth setup is the first team squad they are not given the team to mix with the first team they are told to watch and learn not play and learn

Disappointed he's left.

Think Lopes fits our style well. Great technical ability, runs with the ball comfortably, clever movement, quick, good finishing.

It'll certainly be interesting to see where Lopes is in 3/4/5 years - I have a feeling we may regret selling him.

Honestly if I wasn't a City fan and City came in for me as a teenager I'd go elsewhere. Just absolutely no chance of breaking into the first team at City whatsoever. I thought this would be the year, with Lopes, Denayer and Kelechi promoted, that we'd see some youth integrating into the team. How wrong I was. We go out and buy Otamendi (completely unnecessary) and KDB leaving Denayer and Lopes no hope at all of ever breaking into the first team for the foreseeable. Feel sorry for Roberts, Garcia, Barker etc, they're actually fucked. Looks like we're turning into Chelsea, just buying all the best youth about and selling them for a profit after a couple loan spells.

I hope we get Pep next season, or the season after at the latest because as much as I like Pellegrini, he doesn't give two shits about the youth, all he's bothered about is saving his arse. This actually has me really pissed off. If Kelehi doesn't get 20 minutes against Watford then RIP to anyones chances of breaking through.

Nahh if your a young footballer you'd want to come to city the facilities the main reason and look Lopes has ended up at a decent club after learning his trade

Not happy with this transfer, and will be royally pissed if he doesn't give Kelechi his City's debut against Watford as a substitute.

Spot on - if we go 3-0 up in any game then the younger players need to get on the pitch and get some game time under their belts. We need to show the youth team players there is a progression route within our set up unfortunately that hasn't been the case. I thought the arrival of Pelegrini 2 years ago would have ensured that we had more integration across our teams and that young players would get their opportunity - this needs to be put in place this season so we can start to bring players up through the ranks or give them some experience to maximise their market value if they don't work out for us.

Nahh if your a young footballer you'd want to come to city the facilities the main reason and look Lopes has ended up at a decent club after learning his trade

If it was the choice between city and their amazing facilities or Arsenal/Liverpool and their not quite as good facilities but tendency to give youth a chance I wouldn't be picking city.

the new etihad youth campus setup is going to take about 10 years to bare fruit of the standers of the level we want to fight for first team squad each season and then it will be only 1 or 2 that will be on the world level that Manchester city are looking for the real life of a youth player is better at a smaller club outside of the top 4 they are given time to learn the game the pressure is of and they can grow up with a first team squad of older players who have been and done it before

the thing that is missing at the Etihad youth setup is the first team squad they are not given the team to mix with the first team they are told to watch and learn not play and learn

Why do the kids have to be world level, when half the players we've been using for the past five years aren't ?

If it was the choice between city and their amazing facilities or Arsenal/Liverpool and their not quite as good facilities but tendency to give youth a chance I wouldn't be picking city.
Why not? Could come to City at the best youth training facilities, grow as a player, and then just leave for Arsenal/Liverpool once you near the end of your contract. Hoping this isn't what we become, but if we don't start giving chances then I fear it could be what occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.