Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

A club ambassador? For fuck's sake; shagging his way through the local Darby and Joan club, pissing in the streets, effing and blinding the ref at every game. Why not dig up Jimmy Saville, prop him up with a couple of bits of 3x2 in the boardroom and have him as an ambassador?

It's best thing they could do to be honest.

Only bad thing for them is that it ruins their image and makes Rooney to be seen as bigger than a club again. But economically or probably on playing field, it's not that bad at all.

He is their best player imo, and he is already on 250k per week. He was obviosuly threatening to run the contract and leave on free. That would leave them in need to find his replacement. Replacement of such quality and influence on their football can't be found below 35-40 millions and you never know will it gel good. Plus 150-200k wages.

When you take those 40 millions of signing fee and 150-200k wages, you find out that his contract will cost them some 100-150k per week, and that's pretty good for your best and most influential player.

MSP said:
It's best thing they could do to be honest.

Only bad thing for them is that it ruins their image and makes Rooney to be seen as bigger than a club again. But economically or probably on playing field, it's not that bad at all.

He is their best player imo, and he is already on 250k per week. He was obviosuly threatening to run the contract and leave on free. That would leave them in need to find his replacement. Replacement of such quality and influence on their football can't be found below 35-40 millions and you never know will it gel good. Plus 150-200k wages.

When you take those 40 millions of signing fee and 150-200k wages, you find out that his contract will cost them some 100-150k per week, and that's pretty good for your best and most influential player.
But whichever way you look at this, the end result is that the club has been taken to the cleaners by Rooney - again.

Yes, that's right and they may face problems with other players because of that but right now they are desperate and other things are more important to them.

Btw, they are not single club who could face problems because of this. I could see many top players from top clubs using Rooney's case in negotiating new contracts.

The precedent it sets for any genuine big name they try and sign is going to cripple them. Agents will be rubbing their grubby mits together at the sight of it

MSP said:
Yes, that's right and they may face problems with other players because of that but right now they are desperate and other things are more important to them.

Btw, they are not single club who could face problems because of this. I could see many top players from top clubs using Rooney's case in negotiating new contracts.
And therein lies the problem! United have set a very dangerous precedent with this.

Surely this is better than if they sold him for 20-30m and then purchased few class players for the money they would have got and saved. Rooney did not even look like a world class player lately.

I've heard he's going to get £300,000 per week, privy to al the transfer comings and goings head chef, bottle washer and tea boy. Oh yeah and he'll be made Ambassador when he retires. Fair play to him. However I defy any rag out there to tell me "no player is bigger than the club" because if they do I'll laugh in their face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.