Root canal\

I've had two canal root treatments without anaesthetic. The reason was because I'm allergic to a local anaesthetic and my dentist wouldn't give me a general anaesthetic because he said I produce too much saliva and I could choke. He was reluctant at first to go ahead with it but I convinced him that I would be ok with the pain. He told me that he had never done this procedure before without any anaesthetic. He said that the only reason he agreed to do it is because he'd been my dentist 20 years(at the time) since he graduated, and I hadn't complained of having any dentistry pain before.

All I can say is it's not something I'd recommend because the pain was quite excruciating but i somehow managed to blank it out.

I nearly bit my tongue off once when eating a pie after being anaesthetised due to anaesthetic lasting about 12 hours. I couldn't feel the pain of almost biting through my tongue but i sure noticed the blood gushing out. That's not something i recommend doing either!

Good luck @idahoblues, you'll be ok mate.
Thanks mate, I’m not worried about it. The dental surgeons over here are really good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.