Roy Hodgson

Yes England qualified very comfortably, but our toughest match was away at Switzerland. They're hardy a giant in world football

Regarding his latest team selections in the Euro's
It was obvious from the Portugal game that Rooney cannot play in a 4-4 2. This means that Hodgson with his absolute desire to shoehorn shrek into the side no matter what, cannot play Kane and Vardy together up top, which is the reason Sterling has played
We witnessed how lethal Kane and Vardy are as a partnership vs Germany
If Hodgson had any balls rooney would be out of the side and we'd play a 4-4-2 with real and energetic midfielders

The man has not taken us one step forward since he's been at the helm. Look at the farce from the last world cup: we were less than mediocre then and we haven't improved. Most of the Welsh team play in lower leagues, yet it went to the wire with them. Same with the Russians.
Hodgson was only appointed because the other option was that bent spiv Redknapp, and he would have been a fucking site worse. Woy was the lesser of two evils.

The FA needs an almighty kick up its arse before anything even remotely resembling progress can be achieved.

You could say Deschamps is a mediocre manager by the same token, leaves star player on bench after a decent first game performance, team struggle, then makes a reactionary substitution at half time, team go on to score a late goal and win game

Had we not won yesterday, this thread wouldn't exist. I think Hodgson is like Pellegrini. Nice guy but a poor manager.

After the hatchet job he did at Liverpool I was surprised that they gave him the England job. He's been here since 2012. He went out to the Euros shortly after and as always England fell short. Many after that stated that Hodgson would need time to get this England side up and running. Then two years later in the world cup, he couldn't even get us out of the group stage. He should've been sacked after that.

Now what we have is a bunch of young players whose games are being thwarted by inept management. Last week, we were 1-0 up against Russia, then Hodgson made substitutions which just invited Russia to attack us. The game ended in 1-1. And as demonstrated yesterday, a single point can make a huge difference. We've gone from having potentially another disastrous tournament to being top of the group.

And the substitutions he made yesterday was out of desperation then his tactical mind. He knew fully well he was in big trouble had we failed to win yesterday, so as a result he threw on every striker he had.

I find it incredibly tedious that every England game the likes of Hoddle, Ferdinand, Dixon etc. are all wheeled out and somehow turn England and its poor form on the fans and media. Hodgson is one of the highest paid managers in international football and with Englands resources, we should be demanding for better.

I think semi-final would be a realistic target for this tournament and for that to happen Hodgson needs to get his selection right. The difference between English players and the worlds elite though is still quite alarming and it showed at the world cup. Every other side seems to be retain the ball better, meanwhile, England are still playing an outdated and more expensive version of sunday league football.

He's dreadful. England actually have some pretty decent players and the standard of this tournament in general is pretty low in comparison to previous years. This squad of players has a very realistic chance of going all the way but he hasn't a clue what his best team is, what the best formation is and how to get his best 11 on the pitch at the same time. He deserves credit for yesterday's substitutes but all in all he's another in a long line of bang average England managers.

I'm getting the impression that it's just me that thinks he's not doing too bad.

If we don't hammer Slovakia I might change my mind as they will need to go for the win and with a decent team selection set up correctly, we should be able to take advantage of that.

I'm getting the impression that it's just me that thinks he's not doing too bad.

If we don't hammer Slovakia I might change my mind as they will need to go for the win and with a decent team selection set up correctly, we should be able to take advantage of that.

Slovakia really only need a draw to progress and I'll be routing for a Slovakia win

No as others have said he is purely a reactionary manager. Sets the wrong team with the wrong players and then makes changes once things go pear shaped. He's just another FA yes man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.