Rumoured Newcastle takeover

the only problem is mike ashley and his loans to the club and will he right off the debt or does he want them back if no then yes the offer looks good but i don't see him righting off any loans to the club. £250m mark is way to low and revenues will be up over the next 5 years if they stay in the premier league and the new tv deal will cover the £250million in 5 years anyway so the club are on a good footing

newcastle are on the same level of manchester city pre 2007 they are a great football club great fan base the ideal investment for somebody to put the right people in the club and build something special looking at newcastle its not a gamble investing in them the money is there in football at the top level and they could take off the fans would be hanging off the roof to get in its a win win win

I totally agree with you.

newcastle are on the same level of manchester city pre 2007
The major difference is that we had a down to earth, realistic fanbase whereas the Geordies have unheard of levels of delusion for a club that has won nothing in nearly 50 years. There is a major club in there trying to escape the contrasting shackles of Ashley and the "Geordie Nation" but whether they will ever make it is up for debate.

the only problem is mike ashley and his loans to the club and will he right off the debt or does he want them back if no then yes the offer looks good but i don't see him righting off any loans to the club. £250m mark is way to low and revenues will be up over the next 5 years if they stay in the premier league and the new tv deal will cover the £250million in 5 years anyway so the club are on a good footing

newcastle are on the same level of manchester city pre 2007 they are a great football club great fan base the ideal investment for somebody to put the right people in the club and build something special looking at newcastle its not a gamble investing in them the money is there in football at the top level and they could take off the fans would be hanging off the roof to get in its a win win win
Mate he's not going to write off the loans, if he was that way inclined he would have invested the money as share capital as Sheikh Mansour did, instead of making them loans in the first place. As for the Premier League money, where's the guarantee they'll stay up? By what's been released to the public, Ashley was offered a higher deal with the provision that some of the price would be refunded if the club were to be relegated and he wasn't willing to agree to that.
You're saying Newcastle are worth 500m and the PL money will cover it but 1. They're not making money, 2. They've got high debts and 3. Whoever buys the club will have to invest at least 100m in the playing squad.

Mate he's not going to write off the loans, if he was that way inclined he would have invested the money as share capital as Sheikh Mansour did, instead of making them loans in the first place. As for the Premier League money, where's the guarantee they'll stay up? By what's been released to the public, Ashley was offered a higher deal with the provision that some of the price would be refunded if the club were to be relegated and he wasn't willing to agree to that.
You're saying Newcastle are worth 500m and the PL money will cover it but 1. They're not making money, 2. They've got high debts and 3. Whoever buys the club will have to invest at least 100m in the playing squad.

what does the bottom 3 clubs get in tv money now with parachute payments
what is the amount staying up for 5 season worth with a good plan in place with the right people on the board
newcastle can be one of the biggest fan base in england fact

its not a gamble investing in newcastle and at that price been flouted around is cheap as chips yes your need to spend but that comes with investment and sponsorship's the marketing people and media team and promoting the image its all there ready for somebody to light the fire you just need the right people who know what they are doing

manchester city was not a gamble for sheikh mansour and partners at that time. the market was always there you just needed to have the right people to open doors and tap into what the others have been doing for years. the only thing was and i bet sheikh mansour and partners never thought we would become the bar that everbody is working under and manchester city is the the blue print for all the others and the time and money invested is small feed to what we turn over each season

manchester city is a world wide business not only in football the amount of money invested in east manchester is unbelievable and then you got the manchester city group 3 or 4 other clubs under one umbrella and the etihad campus but you know its still a working progress and manchester city have not hit the heights and i still think in 20 years time manchester city will still be looking to grow

what does the bottom 3 clubs get in tv money now with parachute payments
what is the amount staying up for 5 season worth with a good plan in place with the right people on the board
newcastle can be one of the biggest fan base in england fact

its not a gamble investing in newcastle and at that price been flouted around is cheap as chips yes your need to spend but that comes with investment and sponsorship's the marketing people and media team and promoting the image its all there ready for somebody to light the fire you just need the right people who know what they are doing

manchester city was not a gamble for sheikh mansour and partners at that time. the market was always there you just needed to have the right people to open doors and tap into what the others have been doing for years. the only thing was and i bet sheikh mansour and partners never thought we would become the bar that everbody is working under and manchester city is the the blue print for all the others and the time and money invested is small feed to what we turn over each season

manchester city is a world wide business not only in football the amount of money invested in east manchester is unbelievable and then you got the manchester city group 3 or 4 other clubs under one umbrella and the etihad campus but you know its still a working progress and manchester city have not hit the heights and i still think in 20 years time manchester city will still be looking to grow
You know all the parachute payments do is cover PL wages for long enough that clubs are able to get the players off their books if they don't come straight back up right?

Mansour paid £200m for City at a time when breaking into the top 4 or 6 was a lot cheaper and easier, the only reason it wasn't a gamble is because he could write off the money he was investing in the club without blinking, not too many people are in that situation. We were a top 10 club at the time with some decent players both from the academy and brought on by Sven. We were in Europe. We had a brand new ground on a good lease. We had high attendances regardless of how badly the team did.

He's also invested over a billion since, it would cost Newcastle more than that to catch the top clubs now. Biggest fanbases in England? Bit of a stretch mate, I remember them getting less than 20k for matches. They will all turn up if they can get into the Champions League regularly, but the amount of investment required for that right now would make even Mansour blink. Add to that St James Park isn't a long way from needed replaced or renovated, how many hundreds of millions will that cost? Silly to compare the two investments, look at Everton.

Do you know what else mate? I've gone and checked to see what a few financial bodies value Newcastle at, they're all going between £200m-£300m, those figures are based on the actual finances of the club, as my estimate was. Not a figure just pulled out of thin air.

Newcastle might be worth £500m with a newer ground, a better squad and less debt as a solid top ten club. They're worth nothing like it right now.

Just a couple of statement marque signing would be enough to light the fuse...a la Shearer
It would be funny mind if stavely racked up at Sunderland with her 200mill....another club with real possibility. A great stadium already in place pink seats aside and a talented , youngish manager already in place.
That really would finish the toon off with Ashley.

You know all the parachute payments do is cover PL wages for long enough that clubs are able to get the players off their books if they don't come straight back up right?

Mansour paid £200m for City at a time when breaking into the top 4 or 6 was a lot cheaper and easier, the only reason it wasn't a gamble is because he could write off the money he was investing in the club without blinking, not too many people are in that situation. We were a top 10 club at the time with some decent players both from the academy and brought on by Sven. We were in Europe. We had a brand new ground on a good lease. We had high attendances regardless of how badly the team did.

He's also invested over a billion since, it would cost Newcastle more than that to catch the top clubs now. Biggest fanbases in England? Bit of a stretch mate, I remember them getting less than 20k for matches. They will all turn up if they can get into the Champions League regularly, but the amount of investment required for that right now would make even Mansour blink. Add to that St James Park isn't a long way from needed replaced or renovated, how many hundreds of millions will that cost? Silly to compare the two investments, look at Everton.

Do you know what else mate? I've gone and checked to see what a few financial bodies value Newcastle at, they're all going between £200m-£300m, those figures are based on the actual finances of the club, as my estimate was. Not a figure just pulled out of thin air.

Newcastle might be worth £500m with a newer ground, a better squad and less debt as a solid top ten club. They're worth nothing like it right now.
Mansour has more than doubled the value of his total investment in City based on what Forbes say we are now worth. That does not include any future profits he makes from his huge investments in housing and technological projects in the Manchester area. Newcastle is a fantastic opportunity for someone.

Mansour has more than doubled the value of his total investment in City based on what Forbes say we are now worth. That does not include any future profits he makes from his huge investments in housing and technological projects in the Manchester area. Newcastle is a fantastic opportunity for someone.
Newcastle would need a bigger investment, residency in the top 4 and a fair few trophies including a few league wins along with something like the Aguero moment to match City's current valuation, the ROI will not be anywhere near what Mansour got from City. This is in a far more competitive league.

Newcastle would need a bigger investment, residency in the top 4 and a fair few trophies including a few league wins along with something like the Aguero moment to match City's current valuation, the ROI will not be anywhere near what Mansour got from City. This is in a far more competitive league.
Agree with this. I wasnt suggesting Newcastle could match our current valuation but that Newcastle and its surrounds would be a good long-term bet. It's a one-team city, a vibrant community with a lot of young people and students. It's ripe for regeneration and development and the football club could be the spearhead for that. I am sure the council there would happily work with new owners who had a broader vision. I think that what Mansour has done at City with his investment is a model that could work elsewhere. The stadium for example is in a prime location for some sort of huge property/commercial project. The area is crazy about sports in general.

Agree with this. I wasnt suggesting Newcastle could match our current valuation but that Newcastle and its surrounds would be a good long-term bet. It's a one-team city, a vibrant community with a lot of young people and students. It's ripe for regeneration and development and the football club could be the spearhead for that. I am sure the council there would happily work with new owners who had a broader vision. I think that what Mansour has done at City with his investment is a model that could work elsewhere. The stadium for example is in a prime location for some sort of huge property/commercial project. The area is crazy about sports in general.
I agree it's a good investment mate, just not at the money Ashley is looking for, he got offered a great deal for the club as it stands and turned it down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.