Running thread

Fucking joggers I’m sick of em you don’t have to worry about getting hit by a car anymore it’s the big fat cunts, old twats and people who couldn’t run if a Rottweiler was chasing them that you have to be careful about. Fuck off in the park and leave the pavement/ roads to normal pedestrians/ drivers you half witted cunts

:)

Fucking joggers I’m sick of em you don’t have to worry about getting hit by a car anymore it’s the big fat cunts, old twats and people who couldn’t run if a Rottweiler was chasing them that you have to be careful about. Fuck off in the park and leave the pavement/ roads to normal pedestrians/ drivers you half witted cunts

:)

Bit harsh, but I know it depends where you live and what running routes you have on your doorstep.
Personally, when I started running, I was really self conscious, so went out at times and to places where I was unlikely to be seen by anyone else.
Where possible, I still avoid busy times & locations & avoid running next to roads where possible as I've no interest in breathing in vehicle fumes.
It's always parks, river & canal towpaths, disused railway paths & trails for me.

Quite a few posts on here about novices running 5k as the first target and then aiming to improve that time. Good stuff.

Simple tip. Increase weekly distance and include one long slow run of about 10k. (Build up to it gradually).

Forget about 5k times for a few months.

Then try a 5k race.

Otherwise if the longest distance run is only ever 5k then you will always be tired after 5k and times will not improve.

The same principle applies to all other distances, marathon excepted.

Advice urgently required.
I'm relatively new to running having started in earnest around seven weeks ago as an FOC whose only exercise previously involved the odd long walk. My PB (some four weeks ago) for 5k is 26:14 which is, admittedly, not that impressive when compared to the exploits of some on this thread. Regardless, I was delighted at the time. My challenge now is to move beyond the 5k distance which has become my default option. Ideally, my goal is to run 10k without it feeling like an ascent of Everest! I'd be grateful for any tips or advice from the more experienced posters.
I remember my first 10k run - the Cheshire 10km organised by Run Through, at Arley Hall, near Northwich. Until then, I had only run Parkrun 5ks.

I didn't do any extra training, just went out and did it. I was apprehensive, but managed it just fine, encouraged on by many other runners. I was about 59 at the time.

26:14 for 5km is nothing to be sniffed at for a relatively new runner. We'll done.

Cheers Froggy! You don't know how good that makes me feel. At the the ripe old age of 61, I wonder what might have been had I started younger!
As mentioned above, that's a really good time, especially at your age and with little running experience.

I'm in a similar boat, started running late in life and regretting not doing it from a much younger age. It's a very enjoyable pastime, with great health benefits.

Reactions: ob
Ironman being held in Nice this weekend. Been watching few of the guys running in the heat. On beach today and few in swimming. Absolute amazing efforts
I know what you mean about running slow. I just run at whatever speed feels comfortable, and see how far that takes me before I'm knackered.

At Parkruns I tend to follow someone at similar place, but sometimes I end up overtaking them.

I can slow my place at club runs though. If I join the 4 or 5 mile run, the leader will pace it slower than I'm used to. That helped my a lot when preparing for some longer runs.

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.