Russia bombing Isis/ Syria?

On what basis do you surmise that Isis won't exist in a year or two? If anything, it's getting bigger and seizing more land.
They can not sustain the amount of pressure they are under on all fronts, I question that they are getting bigger and the land issue is always very fluid, further more having to keep it's fighters armed is not easy, they have suffered some quite big defeats of late especially in Kurdistan, it's taken the world a long time to wake up to the threat from them but now it has, the future is bleak for them

I'm not sure Ducado. There seems to be a steady supply of youths being radicalised and even whole families. That's just the ones we know about.
The issue of arming them doesn't seem to have hindered bin laden when he was active. There's always a backer or supplier.

It's worrying that the Russians are firing cruise missiles from the Caspian sea into Syria. A quick look on a flight tracking website will show just how congested that air space is. To be sending missiles through that area is asking for another MH17, god forbid :-(

The world is a scary place at times. I cannot claim to understand all the nuances and international machinations but I just feel something globally awful (I know its already terrible) is about to shove us all to the precipice I hope I am wrong.

I was talking to someone one about something similar in Africa, they were saying that really its better for western countries if the majority of Africa stays as third-world because that way the west can exploit its natural resources much easier and cheaper. I'm not sure countries deliberately keep Africa as third world but he is right.

Much the same thing with the middle east, keep it in turmoil and the oil is much cheaper, look at how much settled states like the U.A.E. can rake in for their oil.
They all get the same price for their oil.

Turkey have shot down a Russian fighter jet..... Here we go...

Edit: reports not confirmed Express reporting it but they waffle

Last edited:
Tyler Durden - Zerohedge :

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-09/war-islamic-state-new-cold-war-fiction

who are these moderate rebels, really?

Since Russia’s intervention, the press has been particularly coy about the fact that Washington’s “moderate” rebels include the likes of al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham and the Islamic Front. While al-Nusra, of course, is al-Qaeda’s Syrian branch, Ahrar al-Sham openly “cooperates with the Syrian affiliate of al-Qaeda and has welcomed former associates of Osama bin Laden” according to the New York Times. “While its leaders say they seek to create a representative government, they avoid the word ‘democracy’ and say Islam must guide any eventual state.”

Tyler Durden - Zerohedge :

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-09/war-islamic-state-new-cold-war-fiction

who are these moderate rebels, really?

Since Russia’s intervention, the press has been particularly coy about the fact that Washington’s “moderate” rebels include the likes of al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham and the Islamic Front. While al-Nusra, of course, is al-Qaeda’s Syrian branch, Ahrar al-Sham openly “cooperates with the Syrian affiliate of al-Qaeda and has welcomed former associates of Osama bin Laden” according to the New York Times. “While its leaders say they seek to create a representative government, they avoid the word ‘democracy’ and say Islam must guide any eventual state.”
So are you pro-Russia or pro-Isis?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.