Russia World Cup

The World Cup is becoming bigger and bigger - so many teams and so many pointless games. It’ll be weeks and weeks before they get to the business end of the tournament and the real knock out (and interesting) football begins. England I suspect will be back at Heathrow long before the real action starts - I might be wrong but I don’t get any impression that Southgate is going to break with the past - he will use the same trusted formula - a team based on players from the big clubs - taking no account of form or fit into the team - expect Henderson, Alli, Wellbeck, Rashford, Young and Smalling to feature. As a few have said the winners will come from Germany, Spain, Argentina or Brazil - the four nations with far and away the most talent.

De Bruyne wins player of the tournament, Sterling single-handedly leads England to glory to spite every f'er who has disrespected and abused him, and Kun or Jesus win the golden boot.

The ruskies have had years to plan how to beat the doping tests and I'm sure they will have perfected it.

Sterling single-handedly leads England to glory to spite every f'er who has disrespected and abused him and still gets abused and vilified by the UK media on his return from the tournament, while Alli and Kane receive knighthoods despite receiving more red cards than they scored goals.
Fixed.

Simply cannot be arsed with the whole thing. I know our Foreign Secretary is a complete knob but he is probably correct that Putin and the Russian establishment will use every propoganda opportunity they can from his. The England hype will inevitably wither as always.
Probably going to be some very ugly and unpleasant off-field thuggery - which England supporters will get embroiled in. All very predictable and boring.
Rant over - I’m off for a beer.

my hopes is our players are out early (no danger for tge england lads) so they can get a rest before the season starts.

as for the tournament, violence free and enjoyable games, not arsed who wins it

Biggest fears: City player injuries, Russian corruption and unhindered hooliganism, Jordan Henderson plays at any time during the tournament, Diego Costa plays at any time during the tournament

It will be nice for David to win his second World Cup and his 125th cap for Spain. He is one of Spain's greatest ever players playing in one of the world's greatest ever teams. Obviously he will still not be rated by most of the ignorant morons in the British media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.