Samuel Umtiti

I'm not trying to be controversial, but he does look a bit nervous and uncomfortable in possession. Don't get me wrong he's strong, fast and good in the air, but would that be enough for Pep, or like other players would he improve under his coaching methods.

I'm not trying to be controversial, but he does look a bit nervous and uncomfortable in possession. Don't get me wrong he's strong, fast and good in the air, but would that be enough for Pep, or like other players would he improve under his coaching methods.
I have no doubt that he'd be world class under Pep.

Sounds like Mangala!

I do not rate him higher than Mangala. I think he was the reason we beat Barca last season. Under our press he was edgey and uncomfortable.

Again, I reiterate that we are on a great run and the league title should be ours but we will rarely be in a position where we can push so hard for CL and risk a few dropped points in the prem. Umtiti is not a player we could rely on and we should be buying players to challenge Stones and Otamendi not just to cover.

Think he could do a job for us yes he can be a bit nervous when pressed but pep can help with that and the fact that we dominate the possession means that this should be the deciding factor on whether he is up to our standard.

Sounds like Mangala!

That's a good comparison, because both have all the physical attributes that a top quality centre half requires, but also have that element of fear in possession. Mangala, who I really hope can turn the corner and isn't as bad as people think, has been much better recently and I think that may be due to more game time allowing him to put into practice Pep's methods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.