School Issues. Safeguarding report

When my daughter was being bullied at secondry school, my wife contacted the school and threaten to self teach her and get ofsted involved. The school was more proactive after that.

Mrs is a teacher and says you need to set up a meeting with the school's safeguarding lead. This person should be a member of the pastoral team and identified at reception.

Defo get the police involved mate. Name calling is bad enough but getting broken bones is wrong on many levels. If safe guarding get involved I would imagine they will be all over it very quickly

Hope your lad gets well soon mate. Bullies make my blood boil

My lad has been being bullied at school for 3 yrs, always the same, pacification of us we will monitor it blah blah then a couple of month later either the same boys or their mates , brothers, cousins pick on him again.

My lads a bit chubby and gets all the usual fat lad jokes daily and copes with it (well pretends too but his self confidence is shot) but it seems to go from name calling to hands on at times, usually when he has told them to fuck off or given them some shit back (he isn't a wall flower despite all this, he just isn't an aggressive lad YET)
In spite of all this he refuses to move schools away from his mates and he is a popular boy with teachers and most kids

Today I had to pick him up at dinner time with a suspected broken arm. Later confirmed at Stepping Hill. I told the nurse about how he has been being bullied for yrs but the school fail to deal with it. She told me it was disgusting and boys will be boys but when it ends up with broken bones it is time to act. So with my permission she has lodged a safeguarding concern with the school. Within 10 mins of getting the email 6 teachers were trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

I remember reading another poster getting some advice on Safeguarding reports and just wonder what the nuts and bolts are.

Any help Blues?
You may want to ask the Chair of Governors for all correspondence regarding previous incidents. You are entitled to this through a Freedom Of Information Request too, if the school is a public body. This includes all and any email correspondence between staff.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

I'm a senior leader in a school, and a dad, so know both sides of the coin, so to speak. If the school have been remiss in dealing with this, they rightly want hauling over the coals. The primary duty of any school isn't education. It's the safety and well-being of everyone who sets foot in the building (pupils, staff, any other person in there).

So sorry your lad has been bullied.

The school sounds like it is poorly led as it has not taken your previous comments regarding bullying seriously. They may jump through more hoops now that other professionals are involved. Raise a formal complaint in writing to the head explaining that due to their mismanagement of the behaviour policy your son has been seriously assaulted. If you get no joy then write a formal complaint to the school governing body. If you feel you are being fobbed off, ie bully not suspended and son supported and feeling safe then raise complaint with Dept for Education. It sounds scary but it is straight forward and here is the link.

Contact the Department for Education
https://form.education.gov.uk/fillf...er=false&ret=/module/services&noLoginPrompt=1

After that you can contact Ofsted 0300 1231231 who may trigger an inspection due to ongoing inappropriate leadership and management atound a safeguarding concern

Best regards to you and your lad. Stay strong.

My lad has been being bullied at school for 3 yrs, always the same, pacification of us we will monitor it blah blah then a couple of month later either the same boys or their mates , brothers, cousins pick on him again.

My lads a bit chubby and gets all the usual fat lad jokes daily and copes with it (well pretends too but his self confidence is shot) but it seems to go from name calling to hands on at times, usually when he has told them to fuck off or given them some shit back (he isn't a wall flower despite all this, he just isn't an aggressive lad YET)
In spite of all this he refuses to move schools away from his mates and he is a popular boy with teachers and most kids

Today I had to pick him up at dinner time with a suspected broken arm. Later confirmed at Stepping Hill. I told the nurse about how he has been being bullied for yrs but the school fail to deal with it. She told me it was disgusting and boys will be boys but when it ends up with broken bones it is time to act. So with my permission she has lodged a safeguarding concern with the school. Within 10 mins of getting the email 6 teachers were trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

I remember reading another poster getting some advice on Safeguarding reports and just wonder what the nuts and bolts are.

Any help Blues?
Hope you get this sorted mate.

Safeguarding is an ofsted trigger so they will be looking to sort out asap.

I'd email everything from now on to keep a paper chain.
^^^ this lad is probably right, email keeps things on records better than phone calls. Shame but that's the way it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.