Scottish man convicted for Nazi dog hate crime : Update - fined £800

The court actually observed how he is very intelligent. He taught a dog to make the most offensive actions in response to commands about genocide. He was certainly intelligent enough to know that if he did it, he would be arrested and charged, so trying to be clever he trained a dog to do instead. It has rightly backfired on him. For me, he is in your words a racist, right wing twat. He didnt teach the dog to the Macarana did he?

My feeling is he’s a bigot. As I said, we grow them up here. Which saddens me greatly, but, we can’t deny it.

People are conflating freedom of speech with freedom to broadcast. For the same reason a broadcaster would be censured heavily for broadcasting this shit joke at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon, he has been fined a fairly modest amount for broadcasting it for all and sundry to see, giving others the excuse to make similar shit jokes. There are limits to what people are allowed to put on the internet and rightly so.

It’s weird getting precious about freedom of speech in this context as though it’s some god-given right to broadcast crap to the whole world when the internet’s only been around for the last 20 years or so and this legislation has been in force for most of that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.