Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Got the cheapest season ticket I could when they opened SS3, sacked off the champions league scheme first, then platinum then the league cup scheme last season. I fully appreciate they don't want people like me but it doesn't really tally with Peps whole "We need our people" mantra and I am also not sure we have as many corporate fans as they would like so struggling to see why we need more and more.

£61 a ticket for Burnley midweek and swathes of empty seats, what's the plan Soriano?
Who pays for all those big groups of kids tickets I see on some match days, they are obviously complimentary and that’s why some matches you see big blocks not taken or emptying before the final whistle.

Who pays for all those big groups of kids tickets I see on some match days, they are obviously complimentary and that’s why some matches you see big blocks not taken or emptying before the final whistle.
Nephew plays for an academy, they played a tournament a few weeks ago at our place, teams from Scotland Ireland & a few local academy sides took part, think it was an all in package for stay play & watch

Out of interest and balance, are the womens season ticket prices being increased ??
I hope ours are not being increased to pay for that s**t

The increases are 'smallish' though but over a number of seasons add up both for the club in terms of income and for the ticket holders in terms of cost. It is seen as more palatable than increasing say from £490 to £900 in one go.

There was a post earlier in the thread showing increases over a period of time as below for block 104 I think:

07/08 - £460
13/14 - £690
14/15 - £755
15/16 - £800
16/17 - £750 (-£50 as I dropped to Gold)
17/18 - £770
18/19 - £795
19/20 - £820
20/21 - behind closed doors
21/22 - £820
22/23 - £845
23/24 - £880
24/25 - £915

Ultimately the price of the ticket over that period has effectively doubled, which has been achieved by these 'smallish' increases each year, rather than one huge increase. Obviously that increase isn't insignificant to the clubs income, nor is it insignificant to the cost to the supporter unfortunately.
Diligent post and hard to argue against. But my point stands - £75 in one go, or 9.5% from 23/24 to 24/25, is a deliberate attempt to either get me to relocate, line their coffers or jack it in so a tourist can take my place. This is twice the increase on the previous 15 years.

Interesting that two names on the City Matters committee haven't put their name to it with one of them being Angela Worrall who is the season ticket member rep. Might be nothing in it and I am not digging her or the other missing member out but is it significant that not all of City Matters have signed this statement?

It obviously does make odds to the club though as each year it adds up. So while it may only be an extra 1.2M this year, it's probably similar over the last dozen years (and no doubt the next few years too). It soon adds up to a worthwhile amount for the club. There will most likely be a target they have in mind and we'll see 'smallish' increases until they reach that target.
That target will never be reached as it will change constantly

The thing with football is they know we will moan but they also know we will still go. We are in the main addicted.

This site proves it, a lot of us are here a lot talking about some important stuff but in the main shite, gossip and trying to get tickets for away games.

The sad part is as a collective we are poor in supporting our own, many on here, old and new are ok with some being priced out and say it is the price of success.

On the basis that we may ourselves be ok and can carry on attending

City and football now can easily cope without the increases

People quoting £1.5m extra money, where will that go. Will it improve anything for the fans, free buses say included with tickets to reduce traffic, better paid staff to make sure you can get a drink etc at half time in time, create smoking areas so no one has to go toilet with a gas mask

None of that, it will be swallowed up and we will see nothing

Reactions: PPT
Gave me ticket up years ago due to cost and travel 250 miles. Still get to quite a few but it is around 200 mark once i have been out on the piss with my mate on the Friday and Saturday before returning. But would like one again. Hopefully i can get one with the extension of the ground. The days of the Kippax when you could stand with all your mates and then have to find them again after City score!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.