Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

They're niggly, annoying rises. I'm not buying the FFP excuse one bit. It's completely a drop in the ocean to them.

They probably think the current rate of rises year on year are the 'sweet spot'. As it's not significant enough to cause a large backlash but enough to alienate a number of fans to surrender their season tickets with the seat then being utilised for matchday or hospitality instead. If they thought they could get away with a 25 percent rise or something daft I believe they would. Be interesting to see what the prices will be in ten years time and whether those currently defending it will have changed their tune.

Cringe at the thought of matchday prices next season. Another reason why people hold on to their season ticket as they'll probably never get it back and will be held to randsom with matchday prices.

They're niggly, annoying rises. I'm not buying the FFP excuse one bit. It's completely a drop in the ocean to them.

They probably think the current rate of rises year on year are the 'sweet spot'. As it's not significant enough to cause a large backlash but enough to alienate a number of fans to surrender their season tickets with the seat then being utilised for matchday or hospitality instead. If they thought they could get away with a 25 percent rise or something daft I believe they would. Be interesting to see what the prices will be in ten years time and whether those currently defending it will have changed their tune.

Cringe at the thought of matchday prices next season. Another reason why people hold on to their season ticket as they'll probably never get it back and will be held to randsom with matchday prices.
I think they've calculated it well. They have freed up a small amount of tickets because some disgruntled and less affluent ST holders won't renew. They've irritated a lot more but not to the point that they'll give it up and will forget about it in a few weeks. They've also left a lot of people perfectly content because they still see it as value for money. This is all in their strategy.

Regarding the matchday prices... in the 22/23 season they had three games with cheap under18 tickets. My son had a ticket near me for £12 minus the £5 for his membership = £7 for Brighton. This season the cheapest was £23 - £5 = £18, a 91% increase. Sheff Utd was £33. Interested to see what happens next season.

Regarding the matchday prices... in the 22/23 season they had three games with cheap under18 tickets. My son had a ticket near me for £12 minus the £5 for his membership = £7 for Brighton. This season the cheapest was £23 - £5 = £18, a 91% increase. Sheff Utd was £33. Interested to see what happens next season.

This is the thing the percentage increases aren't sustainable at the rate they're going. Given how integral the match-going fan is to the club and the league as a whole I think a regulator should ensure that rises can only be increased (at the maximum) to the rate of inflation. Instead Haaland will probably sign a new contract at 1.5 million a week and the circus continues.

I believe City were one of the only clubs that were against the £30 away tickets. Says it all really. Need somebody that's been a lifelong City fan fighting our corner in the boardroom. Fair play to the likes of Alex at City Matters, but from the outside it looks like they're completely ignored by the club and wasting their time.

They could easily pay the players a little bit less.
The money they earn is absolutely ridiculous

Every year they announce the ticket increase I think it’s an open goal for the players to offer to pay it instead.

Our last wage bill was £423m.

If the players took a 1 day pay cut it would raise the same amount as the ticket increase.

The club would earn more than £1.2m for the PR alone.

When I had to stop going because I couldn't afford it, as I had 4 children to pay for as well, they were 'the next generation of 'customers''. I explained to them that I couldn't afford it and they understood.
When they were older and started earning their own money, delivering papers, working at a Saturday job they bought their own tickets. They caught a bus part of the way and walked the rest.
I'm not whining, complaining or being an 'I'm all right Jack' person just explaining that that is life. Sometimes we can afford it and sometimes we can't.
Two of them continue to support their team, albeit one from Canada and another I won't mention (;-))
. The Canadian one has even started on the next, next generation and both his daughters are City mad. When they come over here they love to go to the games and were at Raheem Sterling's first away match and he came over and gave them his shirt which has pride of place on the wall over in Vancouver.
Plus in the next, next, next generation (great-grandson) there is another Junior Blue or whatever they are called now. He is a registered Citizen and has attended a couple of matches.
So the next generation that you are talking about will still support City I'm sure. :-)

View attachment 111256
Brilliant for them, now get a paper round or do a Saturday job and see how many tickets they can afford now, plus go with their mates, not all can afford it. I’m just suppose a romantic when groups of us could just go to a game for a few quid, those days have long gone and unfortunately many will never experience it.

I know that Alex from city matters said the club told them of the price increase last week and CM objected.

However, and maybe as a suggestion for future years, could this objecting have been done more proactively in earlier meetings and them tell the club in advance of decisions being made that there shouldn't be a price increase instead of when the decision has already been made?

I genuinely believe lots of the flexi golds will be released to new non current season ticket holders, the club have created a process where they can say a certain % of tickets go on sale for every match whilst also securing 150 quid up front for every seat that would have been sold anyway. A small number will be kept back in the 3rd tiers to sell as packages. Why would they keep any seat back from a flexI gold application to sell on a match to match basis when they can get 150 quid for it now and still charge whatever they want when the match comes around?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.