Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Can anybody direct me as to how to add details of a new credit card, step by step? I was able to remove the details of the previous credit card (which had been stolen, in the meantime), but it says, unhelpfully, please go to the relevant tab to add the new card. Where is the “relevant tab” and under what rubric? I know, I know, I'd expect it to be at Your Account, but the window simply will not allow me to fill in the new information. Without which, I cannot renew my season card.
Thanks for any help…

Changing payment card for cup scheme and other individual tickets is straight forward enough.

I don’t think you can update direct debit details online. You’ll need to call.

Although losing a card won’t change your actual bank details will it? The account no. won’t change.

And I applaud you but my point was the way things are going if kids don’t get in the door now they may never get it unless they pay a huge amount later, they don’t want people with season tickets they want day trippers spending £80 a ticket and £200 in the shops. Where have I said give up your ticket? My point was someone with a young family is been priced out and they don’t get them back, if prices continue to rise as they have. This isn’t like a 20 odd years ago when there were seats available at reasonable prices or no waiting list for a season ticket, if continue in the same vain it will be getting near £100 a ticket per game if you don’t have a season ticket. People find other uses for their money but I’m sure there will always be the glory hunters in years to come just look at old Trafford.
Tickets were expensive under Franny Lee if you didn’t have a season card (relative to young people’s incomes). It’s always been a choice of giving up something else to be able to go to the match for as long as I can remember. Obviously, we have some better off fans where this is less of an issue.

Going to the game is a choice. Maybe, the away games are more of an addiction and that’s why we see Blues willing to scratch each other’s eyes out on here for a dippers or rags away. Going to home games will be close to an addiction for some but less so. For example, I’ve read repeatedly on here how the atmosphere in South Stand L1 has suffered because the nasty City have put better bars in there.

My biggest gripe this week has been peole trying to dissuade others from going to the FA Cup semi final. If Blues can go then go. If not don’t.

This forum has been great but there has been the occasional double standards. Some may remember a campaign for Blues in Colin Bell L1 to give up their season cards because they were being moved for the Tunnel Club. The leaders of the campaign were back for the next season but the poor sods who had given up their season cards weren’t. Sometimes, we need to be careful what we wish for.

Last edited:
Tickets were expensive under Franny Lee if you didn’t have a season card (relative to young people’s incomes). It’s always been a choice of giving up something else to be able to go to the match for as long as I can remember. Obviously, we have some better off fans where this is less of an issue.

Going to the game is a choice. Maybe, the away games are more of an addiction and that’s why we see Blues willing to scratch each other’s eyes out on here for a dippers or rags away. Going to home games will be close to an addiction for some but less so. For example, I’ve read repeatedly on here how the atmosphere in South Stand L1 has suffered because the nasty City have put better bars in there.

My biggest gripe this week has been peole trying to dissuade others from going to the Ada Cup semi final. If Blues can go then go. If not don’t.

This forum has been great but there has been the occasional double standards. Some may remember a campaign for Blues in Colin Bell L1 to give up their season cards because they were being moved for the Tunnel Club. The leaders of the campaign were back for the next season but the poor sods who had given up their season cards weren’t. Sometimes, we need to be careful what we wish for.

Well, I go a long way back. But I do remember cycling in from Hazel Grove to Maine Rd (and back obviously) to avoid the bus fare, because I just didn't have it. Used to love that ride, actually. I was lean and very fit as a teenager, so it didn't do me any harm whatsoever. Then I think it was a tanner to leave my bike in one of the gardens (back yards, really, around the stadium, not a blade of grass in them!) looked after by the old ladies. Then 2/6d through the schoolboys entrance. Not a lot to see Franny, Nelly, Buzzer and the King. It was the great event of the week. But it was as much as I had. Obviously, when you get older, and you've got responsibilities, maybe a flat or house to pay off, maybe a child in tow, you have to rethink it.
It's a curious situation, really. On the one hand, I don't think matches work out expensive, really, if you're under eighteen, or on a pension. (I understand that it is, precisely, a lot more if you're in work and have the obligations I've just mentioned above). But on the other hand, the club really don't need to raise the price of the season card year on year, even if it's not by very much, and I don't quite understand why they do it, unless it's on principle. The times are long gone when the revenue from us going in through the gate financed most of the club's needs. It would be just such a nice gesture for the club to put a moratorium on season card prices for three years or so. For those fans who went through decades and decades of football. Sometimes when it was utter dross.

I can’t match your cycling but I walked from Stretford to Maine Road and back several times when funds were tight. It was fun walking through Moss Side estates during the drug wars!

City could have shown more restraint on season ticket prices. Putting 4 stewards on every East Stand entrance to check people’s age was very wasteful and made me wonder where else savings could be made. I know the players won’t take a pay cut but that’s where the bulk of the expenditure is.

City are under a certain amount of pressure to show increases in match day revenue though. We are accused of cheering when out match day revenue for the season is £50mil behind some of our main rivals. It’s also very difficult to increase prices if you’ve had no increase for 3 years but the Club could certainly do more. I think they could find other ways to recognise long service as I’ve posted before.

I would have preferred there to be no season card increase. That said, when I can’t afford it I just don’t go.

I can’t match your cycling but I walked from Stretford to Maine Road and back several times when funds were tight. It was fun walking through Moss Side estates during the drug wars!

City could have shown more restraint on season ticket prices. Putting 4 stewards on every East Stand entrance to check people’s age was very wasteful and made me wonder where else savings could be made. I know the players won’t take a pay cut but that’s where the bulk of the expenditure is.

City are under a certain amount of pressure to show increases in match day revenue though. We are accused of cheering when out match day revenue for the season is £50mil behind some of our main rivals. It’s also very difficult to increase prices if you’ve had no increase for 3 years but the Club could certainly do more. I think they could find other ways to recognise long service as I’ve posted before.

I would have preferred there to be no season card increase. That said, when I can’t afford it I just don’t go.

I think we've all made sacrifices at some stage. I recall having to pay for my own tickets as a child from pot washing in the pub when I was a teenager. I think Eccles misunderstood what Blue Maverick was getting at. Nobody was knocking her parenting. Instances like mine are unlikely to occur now as tickets have become that expensive. I'm sure I've seen people say that child's tickets were £40 for some games? Dread to think of how many pots I'd have to have washed to make that back in the day.

Those saying 'when I couldn't afford to go, I didn't' isn't really comparable to now. Going back a few years it was fairly easy to pick up where you left off. Take a season or two off etc. People are aware if they do the same now they're probably never going to get it back again. It's totally different! They've probably already sacrificed more than they should, but it's a huge part of people's lives and it eats away at them their days of going could be gone forever.

Last edited:

My biggest gripe this week has been peole trying to dissuade others from going to the Ada Cup semi final. If Blues can go then go. If not don’t.

Looking back the matchday tickets prices under Franny Lee were relatively inexpensive and easily affordable to most blues. I've just dug out an old programme from 1995/96 season, the best adult seat in the house cost £17 for the Premier League game against Newcastle Utd back 1996 with the cheapest junior tickets coming in at £5. Taking inflation into account if tickets had kept pace, the best adult ticket in the house for this season for a matchday ticket would be £44 and the cheapest matchday ticket for a junior would be £13. The club unfortunately are really pricing out the next generation of matching going blues.

Attachments

• Scan_20240323 (3).jpg
    Scan_20240323 (3).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Looking back the matchday tickets prices under Franny Lee were relatively inexpensive and easily affordable to most blues. I've just dug out an old programme from 1995/96 season, the best adult seat in the house cost £17 for the Premier League game against Newcastle Utd back 1996 with the cheapest junior tickets coming in at £5. Taking inflation into account if tickets had kept pace, the best adult ticket in the house for this season for a matchday ticket would be £44 and the cheapest matchday ticket for a junior would be £13. The club unfortunately are really pricing out the next generation of matching going blues.

I suppose — I can only suppose — that the club's reasoning (or the suits at the club who determine these things) consider football to now be a consumable product. And the product being offered up at City is the best available on the planet.
And that was never the case before. Not even in the great days of 1968.
Needless to say, we as supporters of twenty, thirty, forty and even fifty years standing (and then beyond, but that's for the real FOCs, I'm only a junior FOC) don't see it like that. City is something between our favourite decades-long soap opera, and a full-blown religion. It is not — ever — a product.

I'll raise you on that. Or rather, lower you. Look at this (pay special attention to the price):

Changing payment card for cup scheme and other individual tickets is straight forward enough.

I don’t think you can update direct debit details online. You’ll need to call.

Although losing a card won’t change your actual bank details will it? The account no. won’t change.

I don't, unfortunately, have a U.K. account. Thus I have to pay up front, the whole sum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.