Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

We're catching up!

Having a drink in the Alchamist in Didsbury. Recently opened.

"Bottle of Proper Job(500ml) please."

Opened.

"£5.80 please."

"Ah!!"

"I can get 4 bottles of Proper Job at Tescos for £6."

"Erm....."

First and last visit.

Yeah, we're not far off London prices when it comes to beer prices in the city centre, Sinclair's aside. Was explaining to some Arsenal fans on Sunday that you're looking at close on a fiver a pint in many of the bars in the Northern Quarter and they were astonished.

House prices though - that's another thing altogether. The gap between Manchester and London is a gaping fucking chasm!

Yeah, we're not far off London prices when it comes to beer prices in the city centre, Sinclair's aside. Was explaining to some Arsenal fans on Sunday that you're looking at close on a fiver a pint in many of the bars in the Northern Quarter and they were astonished.

House prices though - that's another thing altogether. The gap between Manchester and London is a gaping fucking chasm!

in the northern quarter yea its expensive. but most other places bars/pubs are alright. and you can go on a night out for pretty cheap in manchester.

We're catching up!

Having a drink in the Alchamist in Didsbury. Recently opened.

"Bottle of Proper Job(500ml) please."

Opened.

"£5.80 please."

"Ah!!"

"I can get 4 bottles of Proper Job at Tescos for £6."

"Erm....."

First and last visit.
next time go in the nelson £2-70 a pint cider £2-20

Cynical and not true either.

Unfortunately the Etihad is considered one of the most 'delicate' stadiums during the times we live in. The club want to make sure every box is checked in the event of something taking place.

The actual impact of this is that it's impossible to get people into the ground earlier, in fact, it makes the process a lot longer, which is something the club aren't happy with but are willing to take it on the chin while the checks are in place (for the foreseeable future).
What checks a half hearted scan down the front of you while you watch people walk through unchecked with Rucksacks on there backs, and they are asking kids and oap to take there hats off

They could look at reviewing the loyalty aspect of having a season ticket.

Just off the top of my head:
1) after 10 years consecutive ...half price for that season or free. Little to be lost by club in income terms. A small token for long term loyalty

2) offer a chance to trade loyalty points accumulated to offset the price of ticket ie 1000 Pts is worth 100 pound. Give you the option if you maintain the points or use to assist your season ticket outlay.

With the computer systems and technology it is not too dissimilar to online shopping entering promotion codes. Unlikely to happen but a reward system of some sort would be a good news story to the season ticket holders.
They were talking about recognising loyalty a while ago but that went by the wayside when 'Squeeze 'Em Till It Hurts' Soriano came in.

My suggestion would be simple: 10% off your ticket after 10 consecutive years, 15% after 15 consecutive years, 20% after 20 consecutive years and 25% after 25 consecutive years. Probably cost £2-2.5m a year in total, which is something like half a percent of total turnover and therefore fuck all. You could even get a sponsor to cover it.

What checks a half hearted scan down the front of you while you watch people walk through unchecked with Rucksacks on there backs, and they are asking kids and oap to take there hats off
If they were truly serious about security, they'd be checking people at the site perimeter. At the moment, I could walk into City Square completely unmolested with an automatic rifle and a bag full of grenades, kill a few hundred people and walk away equally unmolested. So it isn't about security or at least real security.

Security searches aren't there to stop people taking drink and food into the ground.

Why is some midle aged Manc going to blow himself and fellow City fans up, especially as he's been a season ticket holder all his life.

Some of you on here have to get f***ing real.
The club is taking the piss out of us. And you are taking the piss out of us as well by trying to justify the searches by backing the club on this.

Deary me!

Hope that isn't aimed at me young man.. My comment about the food was in reply to someone who was doing the usual "searches are needed or we'll all get blown up then you'll not be happy" kind of rubbish. I just pointed out it's a handy side effect for the searches that they can take all food and drink off you (they never minded choc and crisps before) yet Wembley didn't.

You sound like you're having a drink fuelled nervous breakdown in some of your posts lately!! Get your camera out and chill. (But yes, seraches are stupid, and the happy clappers who defend it are more stupid)

Why is some midle aged Manc going to blow himself and fellow City fans up, especially as he's been a season ticket holder all his life.

I had this out with supporter services over the complete emtyiing of my 74 year old mums bag, by a smug power trip bvloke, who did each item one by one like he was expecting to be blown up at any second.

Their response was basically they treat everyone the same and do not profile.

A load of bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.