Seat counters 2023/24

Which is great when we’re the current Champions League holders, won three Premier League titles on the trot, five out of the last six etc etc. Will the current level of demand still be there (and I know people often roll their eyes at this) if we fail to qualify for the Champions League one year or if we go a couple of years without winning anything, or when Pep leaves and the football simply isn’t as good to watch. I’m not getting at the fans, we’ve got a lot of great, genuine fans, some of whom we’re losing because they can’t afford these prices. The ticket office are relying on the success of the team to sell tickets at these current prices, it’s not sustainable business practice, yes tomorrow night is an exception but in future years it might not be.
That might happen or we might be like Utd at the start of the Premier League era and co time to see rapid growth in our match day support. Our wider fan base has expanded rapidly. We just don’t need to the Club to take the piss on ticket prices and there is a fair chance that our home crowds will regularly be over 60k with the expanded North Stand.

There’s loads of Blues who can’t get tickets to games to take their families. Yes they don’t want to go to Burnley at home on a cold Wednesday night in January but they’d love to go to lots of other games.

Last edited:
Miami? Christ we used to do Morecombe!

Ahh we have big offices in Toronto and San Francisco.

Cheaper to fly out the staff from the UK, Belgium, France & South Africa rather than a few hundred over here.

Safe to say I've muted all the chats we have at work about the event. Even had two days of paid free time for us to explore Miami!

Would we realistically get a CL final ahead of Wembley, the three big London club grounds or Anfield?
Unless we've been promised one in exchange for keeping quiet about the shit-show in Istanbul.

I was on the city stadium tour the other day and one of the main reasons given for extending the ground was so that we can host champions league finals and international finals

Sticking general admission prices up on the back of a treble is hardly good business acumen, we could all do that, by doing that you’re just piggybacking on Pep and the team performing well. What happens when the inevitable drop off in performance arrives, do we drop prices accordingly? That’s hardly a sustainable model, I wouldn’t be too quick in handing out those bonuses based on that.
They should be looking at ways to gradually and most importantly sustainably raise revenue. We appear to be the most forward thinking club in every aspect apart from ticketing, it’s bizarre and the people in charge of ticketing should be got rid of because as far as I can see they’re not actually good at their jobs.
Agree 100%. Short-sighted and greedy. Far better to play the long game (no pun intended) by reducing admission prices for matches such as this and thereby ensuring the stadium is full, avoiding inevitable ridicule from the usual quarters and probably not making much, if any, difference to the overall match day takings. Most depressing for me is the tin-eared attitude of a club that claims to listen to its fanbase. Never in the 40 odd years I've followed my beloved club have I felt more disconnected from it.

Agree 100%. Short-sighted and greedy. Far better to play the long game (no pun intended) by reducing admission prices for matches such as this and thereby ensuring the stadium is full, avoiding inevitable ridicule from the usual quarters and probably not making much, if any, difference to the overall match day takings. Most depressing for me is the tin-eared attitude of a club that claims to listen to its fanbase. Never in the 40 odd years I've followed my beloved club have I felt more disconnected from it.
FOC

Whoever set the price for this one has got it wrong. It's just plain greedy.

I reckon the club are giving bonuses based on match-day revenue. So the people making these decisions (who are not City fans/locals) are more bothered about their bonus than whether 2.5k city fans miss out due to price.
If that I'd the case the terms of the bonuses need to be recalculated

Based on tickets sold and not Income received.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.