Seat Counters - 2023/24

I’m not arguing about the prices which are clearly too high. I’ve paid for four tickets so I know only too well. I’m arguing that the fact that there are tickets for sale for this game doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t expand the stadium and are a shit, apathetic fanbase.
Has @jrb actually said that mate? He's arguably the biggest contributor to the North Stand expansion thread so I doubt he'd be thinking that. He's very much in favour of the expansion as far as I know but he has understandable reservations - as do many of us - around the club possibly making key areas of the stand corporate/semi-corporate.

Would we realistically get a CL final ahead of Wembley, the three big London club grounds or Anfield?
Unless we've been promised one in exchange for keeping quiet about the shit-show in Istanbul.
Anfield pitch is too small so they won't be getting one soon. Doesn't Arsenal miss out for some reason? Lack of hotel for UEFA hangers-on?

Whoever set the price for this one has got it wrong. It's just plain greedy.

I reckon the club are giving bonuses based on match-day revenue. So the people making these decisions (who are not City fans/locals) are more bothered about their bonus than whether 2.5k city fans miss out due to price.
Sticking general admission prices up on the back of a treble is hardly good business acumen, we could all do that, by doing that you’re just piggybacking on Pep and the team performing well. What happens when the inevitable drop off in performance arrives, do we drop prices accordingly? That’s hardly a sustainable model, I wouldn’t be too quick in handing out those bonuses based on that.
They should be looking at ways to gradually and most importantly sustainably raise revenue. We appear to be the most forward thinking club in every aspect apart from ticketing, it’s bizarre and the people in charge of ticketing should be got rid of because as far as I can see they’re not actually good at their jobs.

I can’t go tomorrow (wife double booked), put mine on the exchange and it’s gone SSL3, so they’ve made an at least extra £25 from my ticket. 730pm ko I’d have probably gone bevause I’d have a reasonable chance of getting home on the bus, 8pm as I’ve I’ve said in the parking thread is now putting me off going to night matches, especially if weather is shit. The expansion will be even more of a pain for drivers, let’s see how many don’t turn up before the expansion is done, it’s only going to get worse.

I can’t go tomorrow (wife double booked), put mine on the exchange and it’s gone SSL3, so they’ve made an at least extra £25 from my ticket. 730pm ko I’d have probably gone bevause I’d have a reasonable chance of getting home on the bus, 8pm as I’ve I’ve said in the parking thread is now putting me off going to night matches, especially if weather is shit. The expansion will be even more of a pain for drivers, let’s see how many don’t turn up before the expansion is done, it’s only going to get worse.
It is a 7.30 kick off

Has @jrb actually said that mate? He's arguably the biggest contributor to the North Stand expansion thread so I doubt he'd be thinking that. He's very much in favour of the expansion as far as I know but he has understandable reservations - as do many of us - around the club possibly making key areas of the stand corporate/semi-corporate.
Maybe i'm being harsh but it just feels to me that he's constantly talking down our fan base and talking up others.

Demand for tickets is greater than at any time in our illustrious history. Burnley at home in January midweek, during a rail strike, is an outlier. Yes the Club shouldn’t have taken the piss with the Burnley ticket prices but there will be many thousands of Blues keen to get seats / standing in the new North Stand.

We know this because of the rapid expansion in Match Day Members and OSC Memberships.

Demand for tickets is greater than at any time in our illustrious history. Burnley at home in January midweek, during a rail strike, is an outlier. Yes the Club shouldn’t have taken the piss with the Burnley ticket prices but there will be many thousands of Blues keen to get seats / standing in the new North Stand.

We know this because of the rapid expansion in Match Day Members and OSC Memberships.
Which is great when we’re the current Champions League holders, won three Premier League titles on the trot, five out of the last six etc etc. Will the current level of demand still be there (and I know people often roll their eyes at this) if we fail to qualify for the Champions League one year or if we go a couple of years without winning anything, or when Pep leaves and the football simply isn’t as good to watch. I’m not getting at the fans, we’ve got a lot of great, genuine fans, some of whom we’re losing because they can’t afford these prices. The ticket office are relying on the success of the team to sell tickets at these current prices, it’s not sustainable business practice, yes tomorrow night is an exception but in future years it might not be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.