Security

Regarding your discount for early arrivers tomorrow night,have you seen the announcement on the cityzens webpage about this,they are offering 10% of food and beveriges on orders over £10.here is the full message,it applies to all games just not tomorrow v everton

"
Seasoncard holders and Matchday Cityzens can now get 10% off all purchases when spending £10 or more on food and beverage at the Etihad Stadium. This offer is valid at all official kiosks on home matchdays across all competitions throughout the 17/18 season.

All you have to do is present your Seasoncard or Cityzens Matchday card to the member of staff serving you."

Maybe this needs a new thread to let everyone know about this ?
Cheers for that pal hadn't spotted that !

Agree about the beer mate and as regards smokers well you cannot please everyone but just thought it might help a bit.

Oh I agree with idea, but the queues were populated with people who like a beer and a smoke as well as others but there was always an increase in numbers when the townley/D's emptied and city won't be able to change that unless they offer beer of more variety and better priced and smokers can fag it while drinking.
I don't smoke but know many who do and we don't bother with city square as the beers shite for the price and technically non smoking, so being in the ground for 1-2 hrs before the game would have to have something decent to go in for.

the space outside is ample to make the whole area more appealing with a wider range of bars offering different things.

maybe it's because I recently went the cricket and that brightons attitude after the game allowing you to go out and have a drink in the outer area is reflecting my view, but found both much better that what we do.

I just think we have to accept the current situation and not moan if we turn up 15 minutes before kick off and miss the start of the game. I understand that going to a match isn't only about the footy, but about the experience with our mates etc., but if you put drinking and smoking before getting in in time, then you only have yourselves to blame. I turn up about 30 minutes before the game and accept it's my own hard luck if I don't get inside in time for the KO.

I just think we have to accept the current situation and nor moan if we turn up 15 minutes before kick off and miss the start of the game. I understand that going to a match isn't only about the footy, but about the experience with our mates etc., but if you put drinking and smoking before getting in in time, then you only have yourselves to blame. I turn up about 30 minutes before the game and accept it's my own hard luck if I don't get inside in time for the KO.

Not having this, nobody should be waiting over 30 minutes to get into the ground.

Not having this, nobody should be waiting over 30 minutes to get into the ground.
It shouldn't happen, but sometimes it does. City have to work on trying to improve the situation (not sure how easy that is with all the security checks these days!!!), but we, as fans, have to play our part by arriving a little earlier if we can. Having an extra pint or fag is hardly a good excuse to be late.

I just think we have to accept the current situation and nor moan if we turn up 15 minutes before kick off and miss the start of the game. I understand that going to a match isn't only about the footy, but about the experience with our mates etc., but if you put drinking and smoking before getting in in time, then you only have yourselves to blame. I turn up about 30 minutes before the game and accept it's my own hard luck if I don't get inside in time for the KO.

So for 27 years I have been able to get go for a pre match pint and get to the ground 15 mins before and get in with time to spare but now I shouldn't be able.to because the club don't want it that way as they cannot handle it.
Part of football culture in this country is exactly that and too many do it to simply be well change your ways or tough tits.

City handled it all wrong last season with pojntless security checks that went out the window as soon as the queues were too big, and reducing entry to one turnstile section from two is not the way to improve it unless the stupid wanding of everyone has been abandoned.

Would be easier to for examole P 's 4 turnstiles to make one for people with bags only to be checked and the other 3 for everybody else, coats must be open to show no chest/stomach area and no frisking/ wanding as it was before.

Doesn't it also depend on how many turn up at each turnstile carrying bags? And how many are late or early arrivals?

There's probably logic to it, but I must admit I don't get it. If I arrive at the ground and see 4 queues I usually go to the shortest. Which surely helps regulates the lengths of the queues. If I'm compelled to only go to one then isn't there more potential for there being some short queues and some very long queues just before kick off.
No, because there will be an equal number of people using each turnstile

What is gate seven and how will I know which turnstile to use? Also if I am standing in a huge queue and the one next to me had half a dozen people in it surely people will start kicking off to use that one and get inside? The main threat will be the packed public transport and walking near the roads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.