Seeing Stars at City

None but I did once bump into earl barret in showcase cinema in 1995.

Gerrard Wiekens in the eight bells fulham

Earl Barrett used to work for City in the Community, don’t know if he still does, I used to see him everyday when I did my work experience there.

Nicky Summerbee sat next to me on a flight from Nice to Liverpool. He was a good lad and a good laugh. Bought me a couple of beers and refused to let me buy him one back. He was with Steve 'The Viking' Foster coming back from the Monaco Grand Prix. Giggs was on the same flight. I just assumed they were together but when I asked him he said "no he's a ****"

I got to go to the Players' Lounge at the Etihad a few times in Pearce's reign so most of the players were in there at some point. Had a chat with Trevor Steven on one occasion. A suspended Joey Barton wearing an awful purple jacket is one of my abiding memories.

Also, went in the Players' Lounge at Wolves once. Uwe Rosler was waving imaginary red cards at Steve Sedgley.

In the 2011/ 2012 season when we were playing Chelsea I was stopped outside entrance J by the bloke who played the teacher Grantley Bugden in Waterloo Road who asked where the away end was. We beat them 2 -1 so I Tweeted him taking the piss, he replied he couldn't care less as he was a United fan and and had got the ticket from another cast member who couldn't make it.

Sat next to Louis Emerick & his son in the away seats at the OT derby many years ago, Liverpool fan but his son was fully kitted up & City mad.

Only ever seen former players.. Dickov, Bell, Tueart, Ian Wright. Once saw Avram Grant in the stands in an FA Youth Cup final at Stamford Bridge.

I’ll never forget the night my mum took me down to Waltham cross high street. Parked up outside the cinema was the the City coach. They had gone out to the pictures the night before the Spurs game. When the players came out and back onto the coach the driver let me on to get some autographs. I was in awe at the sight of big joe Corrigan walking up the aisle. It was magical I was only about 8 years old. 45 years later that little green autograph book is still my most favourite possession.

He makes and sells cheese, allways has a stall at the Christmas Market at the triangle, nice bloke not sure who he supports though

Why do I feel the need to say that’s Martin Platt!

I was handed a joint at Notts County away by a guy who was in Brookside for a while. Played a rocker/indie kid and mates (in the programme) with the lad who became a copper.

Shit...two soap references in one post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.