Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stuffy, scrappy goal was exactly what Sergio needed to get his confidence and form back, the lack of a goal had clearly been playing on his mind and was dragging down his overall performances. Hopefully he'll be back to something like his best for the rest of the season.

Yet another performance to make the doubters think twice,fantastic player,always has been for us and always will be to the day he leaves,even the manager got to admit it now,as he was one of the doubters as well

Thought he was pretty ineffective for the first hour, doing his usual thing of hanging onto the ball for too long, poor lay-offs and poor finishing but his first goal seemed to flick a switch in his head and he was brilliant after that. When he lost the ball then won it back in a full-back position - wow!

This one?

This is Pep's version of Sergio and he was right all along, he always had it in him. Took 3 game on the bench to pull it out of him, but I am overjoyed to see this version of Kun last night.

57187535.jpg

Worth pointing out how he celebrated every goal, and celebrated Willy's penalty save - even went wild when Stones stole his hat-trick tap in. He loves it here & just wants to play/win.

That passage where he lost the ball on the half way line and then chased back to LB spot to win the ball back really stuck with me. Pep has clearly got into his head and he knows he can do (and does) a lot more for the team. If he can keep that sort of work ethic up and get his goal scoring back on track (2 last night is a pretty good start!) then he'd become virtually undroppable.

Personally, I'm really pleased for him, as those talking of his demise were jumping the gun massively - he's still arguably the best striker in the PL and one of the best in Europe. Here's to many more performances like last night. It's a privilege to watch him when he plays like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.