Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many blaming Sergio, but if you compare us to Chelsea you will find out in Chelsea they are not relying on Costa only to score.

Their attacking midfielders are scoring many goals as well.

Sergio has never had long distance sprinting pace...his pace has always been over 5yds or so......His game has had to change as that is what Pep demands....so he is often in different positions than he is used to....He has never been a great dribbler of a ball but has fantastic upper body strength and a low centre of gravity which makes him very difficult to knock off the ball...he still has all those attributes and you saw that few yds of pace on his goal today

People weeks ago were hanging him out to dry saying he would never adapt...now that they have been proved wrong (no one has mention that moment in the first half where he dropped deep and quickly turned a played a ball round the corner inside his own half to sterling that set up a chance for Sane....) people are having a go at him when he misses one chance...

its bordering on stupidity
I don't think people are having a go but they are definitely seeing a difference in the Aguero we have now compared to the one of 5years ago....it happens to players if it's the system, what is being asked of him by the manager, lack of confidence, age, who knows but it is something....I personally think Pep has taken him out of his comfort zone and he is feeling a little bit of pressure

Sergio has never had long distance sprinting pace...his pace has always been over 5yds or so......His game has had to change as that is what Pep demands....so he is often in different positions than he is used to....He has never been a great dribbler of a ball but has fantastic upper body strength and a low centre of gravity which makes him very difficult to knock off the ball...he still has all those attributes and you saw that few yds of pace on his goal today

People weeks ago were hanging him out to dry saying he would never adapt...now that they have been proved wrong (no one has mention that moment in the first half where he dropped deep and quickly turned a played a ball round the corner inside his own half to sterling that set up a chance for Sane....) people are having a go at him when he misses one chance...

its bordering on stupidity
My entire point was about him losing the short distance pace he used to have... what was your point supposedly countering mine, again?

By the way, I've already addressed this in my original post (which I am not sure you actually read) but his goal today had very little to do with short distance pace—it is not an example of it, nor are the many other recent goals similar to it (off-the-shoulder run with a great finish) so please provide other examples apparently proving he still has that attribute to his game.

Answering without actually reading the original post or providing any valid counterpoints is stupidity. This forum is about intelligently discussing thoughts and opinions, not bandying around insults because others disagree with you.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't think it was as easy as it looked....ive just watched a replay of it and it think he sees it late due to the player jumping for the header in front of him....

People are going on like he missed a sackful but in reality that is the only one

The one he failed was miles better chance. It was easier to score than to miss, yet he didn't have both mental and physical strength to do it. Failed to shoot immediately, then lost his mind what to do with it for a second and failed down.

I'm looking at the facts which I've seen with my own eyes. He's missed a plethora of chances this season and has been nowhere near his best.

while conveniently ignoringth either facts which are there both on paper and presumably you would also have seen with your own eyes that he is still far and out the nest goal scorer we have/top scorer and the only person that scores regulary...

Did the same eyes miss the goal that saved us a point today (again)

I don't think people are having a go but they are definitely seeing a difference in the Aguero we have now compared to the one of 5years ago....it happens to players if it's the system, what is being asked of him by the manager, lack of confidence, age, who knows but it is something....I personally think Pep has taken him out of his comfort zone and he is feeling a little bit of pressure

i would agree with that. I think it is the system....i said it before Pep even got him doing it that it would affect his goal scoring.....Sergio isn't the type of player (he doesn't have the fitness type to do it) to chase all over the park....Sane Sterling Jesus have the muscle type build etc to do it....Sergio is a power athlete...short bursts of 100% so chasing all over the park, dropping deep etc will inevitably leave him out of position and even tired.....But Im guessing Pep is more than happy with what he is seeing.

My entire point was about him losing the short distance pace he used to have... what was your point supposedly countering mine, again?

By the way, I've already addressed this in my original post (which I am not sure you actually read) but his goal today had very little to do with short distance pace—it is not an example of it, nor are the many other recent goals similar to it (off-the-shoulder run with a great finish) so please provide other examples apparently proving he still has that attribute to his game.

Answering without actually reading the original post or providing any valid counterpoints is stupidity. This forum is about intelligently discussing thoughts and opinions, not bandying around insults because others disagree with you.

His short distance pace got him from behind the defender who actually early in the move uses his arm/hand to push him away as he starts to move, to infant of the same defender in a matter of metres.....that takes power over a very small distance. I ant read your OP but i was addressing the one i quoted. He burst away from couple of tackles today in the second half with that strength of his and short bursts of pace.

He also got away from a defender int he build up to the sterling miss/foul by milner/missing a sitter by ferna one....again no one (even the commentators) seem to notice he was dragged back on that chance to.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sergio+aguero+goals+2016/17

no. 4 Vs Steaua
no. 7 vs BMG
No. 9 vs BMG
no. 10 s swansea
no. 13 vs west from...his pace gives him a yd or two to get the shot in

we are also not playing in the same way so he doesn't get the same type of service either......Pep has us playing through wide players...in all the seasons sergio has been with us, we have never relied on they type of service...now we are all about that...Pep demands getting to the byline...he says it constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.