Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's finished at the top level and the sooner we sign a world class forward the better. We're playing games like this with ten men.

It is pretty damn obvious he can't play the Pep way,chasing someone for 30-40 yards then either giving a foul away,or just giving up at the half way line,it is not his game,I couldn't give a fuck what anyone says,he's a fox in the box,he is working as hard as he can,hence he still scoring goals,but he would score a lot more if Guardiola let him do what he does best,in and around the box,pretty fucking simple tactic

It is pretty damn obvious he can't play the Pep way,chasing someone for 30-40 yards then either giving a foul away,or just giving up at the half way line,it is not his game,I couldn't give a fuck what anyone says,he's a fox in the box,he is working as hard as he can,hence he still scoring goals,but he would score a lot more if Guardiola let him do what he does best,in and around the box,pretty fucking simple tactic

He can't even beat a player for speed anymore. His shooting is rubbish and he's lost his tenacity too

So its ok for you to blame Kun for today's loss and not Stones?

Half the team were off the money today - Ederson dropped a bollock, Stones got shoved off when he should have done better, and how many chances went begging at the other end when you expect those chances to go in! We could have nicked it at the end, too. One of those days. Thankfully we get rid of multiple mistakes and poor games all in the same fixture. Pity it came at Anfield!

Don't think it's Pep's system I think he's one of those players that persistent muscle injuries have caught up with him. He's losing that ability to get half a yard and get a shot away before the defender and keeper can react.

Love him to bits but he was fucking abysmal today. I wouldn’t mind if he was up against a decent defence but even Matip and Lovren made it look easy, then he drifts out wide and hasn’t got he “snap” any more to accelerate away to create the space.

Love him to bits but he was fucking abysmal today. I wouldn’t mind if he was up against a decent defence but even Matip and Lovren made it look easy, then he drifts out wide and hasn’t got he “snap” any more to accelerate away to create the space.
He kept trying to dribble to space and they kept easily nicking the ball of him, counted probably 8 or 9 attempts, all unsuccessful aside from that last minute shot (though, at that distance and angle, I think they were just giving him the space).

He has lost a step which has really impacted his style of play—it must be very frustrating for him as there’s probably nothing that can be done to reverse it and it will likely only get worse in the next few seasons. His game depends so much on being able to create a foot or two on the edge of the box (or in it) for the shot and, when he can’t do that, it buttons him up.

He kept trying to dribble to space and they kept easily nicking the ball of him, counted probably 8 or 9 attempts, all unsuccessful aside from that last minute shot (though, at that distance and angle, I think they were just giving him the space).

He has lost a step which has really impacted his style of play—it must be very frustrating for him as there’s probably nothing that can be done to reverse it and it will likely only get worse in the next few seasons. His game depends so much on being able to create a foot or two on the edge of the box (or in it) for the shot and, when he can’t do that, it buttons him up.
The only thing I’ll say in Sergio’s defence is that he requires Sané and Sterling to be causing trouble down the flanks and both of them were completely ineffective too, consequently the last chance was our attacking minds running at their defence and that rarely happened too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.