Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were dominating the match prior to him going off,Spurs had about 10 mins start of second half,that's it

Yes Spurs had 10 minutes in the second half after making changes at half time and then Aguero went off in the 56th minute, Jesus came on, and his ability to drop into midfield and link up with KDB better saw us go straight back on top and go onto smash them.

I meant the one two weeks ago.

Yes, the game where he ran them ragged, forced them to aimlessly hump itlong and never leave the comfort of their D.

He missed a couple of chances but was a constant menace.

Last edited:
Wanting to play doesn't give you the right to be annoyed or show dissent because you're subbed off and the team goes on to dominate the match.

Lets not forget Aguero has scored 2 goals in open play since September, and one of them against Swansea midweek when his desperation for a goal cost us several others with some selfish play.

If he was banging in the goals he might have an argument to stay on, but he's not.
this isn't some old timer winding down the league or some upstart just starting out. this is Sergio Aguero. the best striker the prem has ever seen. he deserves respect and moreso the opportunity to get the goals needed to bulid him back up. Jesus is nowhere near the striker kun is. tippy tappy is fine but we need to put the ball in the net, Jesus fluffs too many just yet. as does others to be fair.

Yes Spurs had 10 minutes in the second half after making changes at half time and then Aguero went off in the 56th minute, Jesus came on, and his ability to drop into midfield and link up with KDB better saw us go straight back on top and go onto smash them.

I ain't disputing the fact Jesus did well when he came on,what I am saying is was it justified to bring Aguero off,Aguero himself didn't think so,hence the first sign of petulance,which should scare the shit out of any blue,anywhere

this isn't some old timer winding down the league or some upstart just starting out. this is Sergio Aguero. the best striker the prem has ever seen. he deserves respect and moreso the opportunity to get the goals needed to bulid him back up. Jesus is nowhere near the striker kun is. tippy tappy is fine but we need to put the ball in the net, Jesus fluffs too many just yet. as does others to be fair.

Remind me Bill, who's the highest scoring team in Europe? Who's the team that's on course to smash the goalscoring record? Oh right, that's us, Manchester City, having no problems whatsoever with putting the ball in the net.

By the way, we're having no problems scoring despite "the best striker the premier league has ever seen" only scored 2 goals away from the penalty spot since September.

Aguero is clearly out of form & he's carrying an injury, he's probably lucky to be playing as much as he is right now.

Hindsight is so wonderful isn't it ? Yes Jesus worked hard when he came on,shit penalty,but Aguero has missed the odd one I suppose,but this lad is slowly being squeezed out by Guardiola,plenty can see this,quite a few don't want to see it,others will think it is bollocks,but something not right,but a few will comment about him lumbering around blah blah blah,be trying to convince us that Sterling is best finisher at the club soon.......
It's not about hindsight though, every game we know Jesus will work harder than Aguero.

If the story about his heel is true and its been an issue for 3 months we need to get him fully right ASAP.

Obviously its the type of condition that doesn't worsen by playing but we cannot afford to have any more longish term injuries.

I ain't disputing the fact Jesus did well when he came on,what I am saying is was it justified to bring Aguero off,Aguero himself didn't think so,hence the first sign of petulance,which should scare the shit out of any blue,anywhere
It should scare the shit out of Aguero. The days of petulance being tolerated are long over.

Since when has the player's reaction had any impact on a substitution being justified?

Aguero is out of form, carrying an injury, and his deputy has contributed to some massive team performances recently. He's got no right to complain about being subbed off when the team goes on to win, and if he is going to get petulant about it, that's sad, because it will only end one way, and it won't be Guardiola's fault when it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.