Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero is still undoubtedly a great player, but the tempo and pressing in the team is noticeably better when Jesus is on the pitch. It could well be that the heel injury is hampering him, and I certainly wouldn't write him off yet. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him leave next summer though, sadly.

Dont believe the stories that he wants out.

He hasnt been the same since the car crash injury. Make of that what you will. Maybe a lingering injury or he hasnt been able to fully trust his body again yet

I believe he's carrying a knock. He's not looked right and by right I mean perfect like he was pre Amsterdam. That two months was some of the best football I've ever seen him play.

We all could see he was adapting and we were scoring for fun. So something has changed. He's either lost confidence which his return to greediness would indicate or he's struggling physically which his laboured pressing would suggest.

As there's clear signs of both, I'd suggest it's probably a little if both.

If Sergio can't get back to his pre injury form then I fear his time will be up. We've already been to Old Trafford & Stamford Bridge and won comfortably without him.

It's really frustrating because in this side, he should be filling his boots. Seriously, this should be a record breaking season for him, he's got the 3 biggest assist providers in the league, Silva's in his best form in years (possibly ever), KDB is looking like POTY, and he's getting the chances.

I keep waiting for him to wake up and start scoring, I keep hoping this will be the game he gets back to the form he showed briefly pre-car crash, but it's not happening and as much as I love him, if he's then going to start acting petulantly over substitutions or putting things out in the press then I can only see it ending one way.

I don't get it. Is he miffed because Pep doesn't fancy him and hence not playing him enough? Or does he want to play less because he's carrying an injury yet Pep still plays him?

Either way, I think the story is rubbish. Real Madrid is struggling in La Liga right now and will stir controversy to get our Kun.

ill answer,i don't give a fuck who leaves the club as long as we bring in that does a better job.

I love sergio,i loved what he has done for our team,but nobody is bigger than the team,i was shit scared about yaya leaving,who could replace that beast,i was worried about who could replace vinny,who could replace that beast.i was worried about zabba leaving who could replace that beast,

ill ask you a question,if sergio was to leave and we replaced him with a better option would you be arsed ?

No,not at all,problem is though there is nobody ........at present

‘His legs have gone’, according to some of our ‘fans’ on here a few games back from injury. Probably the same people who want to force Vinnie and Yaya out in January.

He always takes a few games back to get to full sharpness and looked sharp against Swansea and Spurs.

Taking him off to replace him with Jesus was the right thing to do though (even though he is twice the player of Jesus - who I also rate) but he would have demolished United the other day with the half chances we got.

A lot of shite in this response. Firstly, nobody needs hindsight to know that Jesus would high press better than Aguero. All you need is eyes and a basic understanding of football. Penalty irrelevant and I didn't mention anything about that. Sterling irrelevant and I didn't mention that either. I don't think Pep fancies Aguero that much, he's pretty wasteful in front of goal at the moment and isn't performing his tactical instructions (pressing) so if he's being 'squeezed out' then it's his own fault that only he can fix. The same thing was happening when Jesus signed, Aguero spent some time on the bench and came back in probably the best form of his City career, in terms of all round game. He needs to get back to that level and if he doesn't he'll be subbed or on the bench, it's that simple. He's a legend of the club and I want him to stay forever, but he's a bit below the required level at the moment. He'll find the level if he wants to. His injury probably explains a lot too.

If we had Alexis right now, I think Jesus and Aguero would be on the bench. Both out of form, but Jesus does more for the team.

No shite in the response at all really,I'd say that Aguero is arguably the best striker you have seen in a City shirt yea ?

as an out and out striker Aguero is second to none in the world, as a player for the team and how pep wants us to play then it’s Jesus for me, he trusts him more to carry out the plan. I think when Sanchez comes in unfortunately Aguero will be on the move in the summer

Jesus hasn't scored in, what, 7 games? I don't think Sergio being an unreliable goalscorer is a legitimate argument when Jesus isn't exactly banging them in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.