Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Sergio, but if Sanchez joins in the january transfer window then i can't see him staying for much longer :(

I think he's miffed. rightly so, he's twice the player Jesus is at this time. Jesus is the future, we should be milking Aguero whilst we have him.
You also thought we should have kept Joe Hart. ;-)

Time to face up to the sad fact that, as good as he's been for us (and he's been a legend) Pep has taken us on a journey that's left him (and a few others) behind. Havig said that, I thought he's rediscovered his touch at Swansea but he was pretty ineffective against Spurs.

That surprises me that you think he has,you are an in depth analyser all things City,a bit of a statto I'd say,and majority of what you say on here I nod in agreeance,not all you say mind,as we have had a few arguments,but I'm even more surprised that Guardiola plays him if injured,I really am

I believe he's carrying a knock. He's not looked right and by right I mean perfect like he was pre Amsterdam. That two months was some of the best football I've ever seen him play.

We all could see he was adapting and we were scoring for fun. So something has changed. He's either lost confidence which his return to greediness would indicate or he's struggling physically which his laboured pressing would suggest.

As there's clear signs of both, I'd suggest it's probably a little if both.

If Sergio can't get back to his pre injury form then I fear his time will be up. We've already been to Old Trafford & Stamford Bridge and won comfortably without him.

From what I heard Kun is playing in pain at the moment. Apparently it is a heal injury that is the cause which might explain a lot.

I would question how reliable a goalscorer he is these days. This is probably the heart of the problem Guardiola faces too.

2 goals in open play since September.

Last season he only scored 6 goals in nearly 6 months between September and March.

When he's on it, he's the best striker around, but you can't go months without scoring and be a reliable source of goals, and these days I'm not sure how often he's really on it.
Bear in mind Sergio is still 4th highest goalscorer in the league right now, alongside Lukaku, with lesser minutes played than the other players above him. True, he is going through a rather dry spell right now, but injuries have to be considered as a factor.

Bit of a chicken & egg situation that - if Aguero was putting up their numbers he wouldn't be sharing minutes.

Same could be said for Jesus. He has what, 2 goals in 13/14 games? Real shame that Mendy injury has forced us to move away from that partnership. Really think the reason that neither are firing on all cylinders is because neither have had a real run as the main striker.

Be interesting to see what happens if Sanchez comes.

Neither Aguero or Jesus are ripping up trees goals wise currently. Both are creating space for the others though.

There was a training video recently where Aguero walked off very slowly well behind the others seemingly in some discomfort.

No issue with the being pissed off at being subbed, shows a passion for me. It was the right call, he ran his socks off vs Swansea and 60 mins vs spurs, he was tiring and Jesus is fresher and presses the back line and midfield better than him. He was probably more pissed off about not getting on the scoresheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.