Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
City will know whether a player is good enough for the 1st team or not. We've been buying CFG players with potential for years now. Most of them we then sell on at a profit having never played for us. It's our business model.

Gomez appears to fit into the CFG mould rather than 1st team. If he wasn't a left back I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, but because we're short at left back people are assuming it's a player for the 1st team (he may well be but I didn't get that impression from what Ornstein tweeted).

There's still time in the window left yet to sign a left back so let's see what happens and then judge at the end of the window.
To be fair Zinchenko was also a CFG signing. I really hope 1 or 2 more of these players get a chance at City.

Zinchenko made more money for us than any other CFG signing, there's no better way to up your value than play for us right now (barring 1 or 2 other superclubs). Winning trophies consistently.

To be fair Zinchenko was also a CFG signing. I really hope 1 or 2 more of these players get a chance at City.

Zinchenko made more money for us than any other CFG signing, there's no better way to up your value than play for us right now (barring 1 or 2 other superclubs). Winning trophies consistently.
Correct and if we don't sign any other left back better to give him a shot here this season then loaning him. Maybe he will be worth it . Who knows. I don't see how we can sign a LB for Griona when we are ourselves struggling to get one.

Us signing a LB thats not good enough to get any playtime here anyway would still leave us with 0 LBs. I see this as a positive. We are obviously aiming to sign a LB on a considerably higher level than Gomez for our squad.
But people on here somewhat think Esbrand will play, what’s the difference? Gomez is a lot better.

But people on here somewhat think Esbrand will play, what’s the difference? Gomez is a lot better.
Plus he will be backup incase of injuries. Esbrand is injury prone and if cancelo gets injured in the season, we are fucked. Atleast a extra Lb

Dont think many here think JWE will see any major minutes this season more than the odd sub appearance and cup games. Replacing one talent with another one doesnt make much sense since they are gonna play 500 min tops, only in "easy" games this season anyway. I could understand if someone expected Gomez to play any important part of this team if he stayed, but if that was the case he would obviously not have been loaned out.

JWE may get 2-3 starts in the cups and also get subbed in when we are 2-3 goals up. If we don't plan to use Gomez in the first team, we intend to sign a really good LB who can start in many games, and not just the cups. Good news that. We plan to sign someone good enough for City (if Gomez isn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.