Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they want a ready made fullback to fill the holes made by Cancelo’s defensive deficiencies for the few games a season we need two defensive fullbacks.

Sadly, that can never be, as being a Pep fullback is very different to being a Klopp fullback etc.

You're right in suggesting it can be taught though. Time and patience is needed though.
if we want a defensive fullback we have ake to play. if we want someone who is both defensive and attacking then there is no one in the world like that I am afraid.

Exactly my point. You said we were paying the price of a championship left back, and I was asking how much Robertson was. A championship left back who hasn’t turned out too bad
I didn't say anything, I'm just butting in without reading the entire thread.

You didn't have a clue who Raum was before he was linked with City.
and u know me since when ? Not everyone only follows the PL my guy. Raum was the clear #1 LB in the Bundesliga last season.

Most likely for our team rather than Girona due to them buying a leftback and us actually needing one.

He's actually kind of similar to Cancelo, and while we aren't really sure about his defensive aspects, we seemed to be okay with Cancelo's lack of defensive discipline when he offers so much in ball progression.

This guy looks the same, nice cross, good control and dribbling, and him being a former attacking midfielder means it'll probably be easier for him to even play inverted. He played wide at Anderlecht and got loads of assists, so he seems flexible in position as a fullback.

Good signing for us overall, slighty more experienced than JWE which is good enough.

Most likely for our team rather than Girona due to them buying a leftback and us actually needing one.

He's actually kind of similar to Cancelo, and while we aren't really sure about his defensive aspects, we seemed to be okay with Cancelo's lack of defensive discipline when he offers so much in ball progression.

This guy looks the same, nice cross, good control and dribbling, and him being a former attacking midfielder means it'll probably be easier for him to even play inverted. He played wide at Anderlecht and got loads of assists, so he seems flexible in position as a fullback.

Good signing for us overall, slighty more experienced than JWE which is good enough.
This is what I would like to see, him stay here rather than go out on loan, bring him into the first team as soon as and get him settled, hopefully by October or earlier he can be our first choice with JWE also eased in and Cancello amd Ake supporting the role.

Then Cancello and walker can share the RB postion.

Last edited:
There's space in our team for him. Even if he is a money making signing for our new net spend fc approach then he'll be worth more in our squad playing Zinnyesque minutes than he would going to fucking Girona or any of our other loan graveyards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.