Sergio pitch incident at end of game

Ok maybe my comments were facetious but the club and the Police will have met and discussed the level of policing required for the game and they jointly underestimated.

My point was about the fact the superintendent tried to make out they had done everything perfectly. He could have said they didn't have enough officers to handle the situation but like I said he was doing the usual politican thing. And to add to that when the officers did come in it was clear they had insufficient direction, one walked towards the Wigan fans to attempt to move them back while others took the easy options of going at a handful of City fans. I am full of admiration for the Police when they get it right but I don't think they looked very good the other night and I don't like the fact the superintendent made out to the BBC hat they had done a good job.
Its not an easy job dealing with that-and for certain everything will be reviewed.

I come from Wigan and left when I was 16 to join the army. I could not wait to get out of the place. It is a complete shithole, full of rags and idiots. Growing up I was the only city fan in my area. I seriously hated the place and still do. Standing behind the goal on Monday reminded me of how pathetic wiganers are. Not all of them but a good 90%. A lot of those dickheads on the pitch would have been rags believe me. The FA should make them play behind closed doors for 3 games. Not that that would be a big loss with the shit crowds they get.

So the miserable one blabbed on about how well they acted when knocked out of the league cup to a 'smaller' club, and the tramps on the pitch were united fans? Interesting...

Its not an easy job dealing with that-and for certain everything will be reviewed.
What I did notice on Monday night, there were a lot of young female police officers on duty, that must be one of your better perks of your job.

What I did notice on Monday night, there were a lot of young female police officers on duty, that must be one of your better perks of your job.

Ohh you reckon Bert is a copper on the defensive then lol? The thought had crossed my mind, that a steward or a wind up merchant.

Let's face it - the police did a piss poor job on Monday night and that statement from the GMP is utter bollocks as they were nowhere to be seen for ages after the pitch invasion started. They should've been deployed straight away in that goalmouth and pushed the Wigan fans back towards the centre circle, not just for the safety of the City fans but also as someone else stated to stop any blues who fancied getting on the pitch to have a pop. Thankfully, these days there's loads of fans filming and the footage will prove the statement that the police were onto it straight away is a blatant lie.

I seem to remember something very similar happening when they knocked us out of the League Cup there in 2002. We had the side stand that night and I was in the opposite stand as I was on a corporate with some people from work. When the Wigan fans invaded the pitch at the end, many headed straight over to the City end and I seem to remember it taking ages for the police to get their act together on that occasion too. Hundreds of City fans made their way to the front of the stand that night and I'd say compared to Monday night's following, far more were up for a scrap with the Wigan fans on that occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.