Sgt Alexander Blackman

Just remembered why I don't venture into off topic very often.

I know very little about the ins and outs of the case and therefore have no real opinion on the verdict. However, to claim it is "their job" to execute prisoners and the only mistake is being caught is quite frankly fucking disgusting.

Just remembered why I don't venture into off topic very often.

I know very little about the ins and outs of the case and therefore have no real opinion on the verdict. However, to claim it is "their job" to execute prisoners and the only mistake is being caught is quite frankly fucking disgusting.

Sounds like we're really missing your insight.

Unless you've only just progressed beyond the Hungry Caterpillar, you should have noticed I am not offering any insight to this case; I'm commenting on the nutjobs who evidently find these acts wholly defendable regardless of the individual circumstances.

Maybe those "nut jobs" know the ins and outs of the case and understand the circumstantial evidence thoroughly enough to emphasise with the Sgt?

Maybe those "nut jobs" know the ins and outs of the case and understand the circumstantial evidence thoroughly enough to emphasise with the Sgt?

"He was just doing his job" implies that the writer believes it is an occupational duty of our armed forces to break the Geneva Convention rather than offering their own insight into this specific case.

I agree with this.
Walk a mile in that man's shoes.
Sometimes there are no absolute rights or wrongs in a war situation.

People sat in their comfy chairs ( like me )
judging,doesn't sit well.

And while we're at it, who said I don't empathise with him?

You seem to be too emotionally attached to the subject to be able to understand what I am saying.

Last edited:
Win win. Blackman found guilty and sentenced to a stretch while basically being let out within weeks. Everyone's happy.

I agree with this.
Walk a mile in that man's shoes.
Sometimes there are no absolute rights or wrongs in a war situation.

People sat in their comfy chairs ( like me )
judging,doesn't sit well.

Exactly.

He was in a very very bad position in a very bad war, having seen friends brutally killed by a terrorist organisation.

I'm not saying the British Army should conduct themselves like this as policy but to condemn the man, where there hasn't been sufficient support in the way of mental health and the fact he's been in such a bad situation, in my opinion is wrong.

And while we're at it, who said I don't empathise with him?

You seem to be too emotionally attached to the subject to be able to understand what I am saying.

Absolutely not at all. I'm not attached emotionally at all and have only given it minimal reading attention myself.

Your original comment on this thread was ill-thought out and contradictory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.