'Shades of Blue' - David White Autobiography

That's why i remember it so vividly. Felt so much for him. As well as the pisstaking from plastic rags at school the next day.
Just be thankful that we had him and we knew he was the absolute tits. And fucking fast. He was unplayable for two seasons

Just be thankful that we had him and we knew he was the absolute tits. And fucking fast. He was unplayable for two seasons
Yeah.

I remember him getting a Hat Trick at Forest which meant everything to me living in Nottingham. Lost count of his crosses which Quinn got on the end of too. Was gutted when he was sold.

That's just how long it felt to him after missing that sitter 30 seconds into his full england debut against Spain.

Looks a good read.
I mentioned this on the Keith Curle thread yesterday, he was centre forward that game wasn't he?, not sure if it was the same game but Taylor played Curle at right back

Just finished it

Always interesting, often enthralling, but a deeply disturbing read - poor bloke.

Last edited:
I hope it's been cathartic for him. it's extremely brave to talk about the abuse but should help force the authorities to properly review how this was allowed to happen at so many clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.