Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Crazy to play Foden at lb.
Yaya Gundogan and Sane dreadful.
Dissapointing performance by the seniors.

Danilo, Yaya and Bernardo disappointing. Yaya's done for me as he's clearly not an adequate Fernandinho replacement. Danilo needs to watch over his shoulder for Maffeo returning in the summer. I'm willing to cut Bernardo a bit more slack but this is around the time that Sane started pulling up trees last season and he needs to start showing something. Might be worth giving him a go on the left flank as I think we lose something with wingers not aiming to get to the byline and flash the ball across.

Foden did brilliantly in an unfamiliar position and it's promising that Pep played him in such a role. If he can be flexible, then he's probably closer to the first team. Diaz was fantastic too and I really like Fernandinho's passing breadth in a back three.

Pep slightly fortunate to get away injury free with a few risks, but glad he used the opportunity to try a few youngsters and another formation. He'll have taken a lot away from a dead rubber.

Foden did really well, shame Jesus couldn't finish off that chance in the first half.

Diaz was outstanding.

Tosin had some difficult moments when Danilo disappeared and left him exposed, but did a lot of very good things also.

Why? I think Diaz is stronger, more powerful and more dangerous than Foden. So what’s bizarre about that?

Swap the positions & Foden would be better than Diaz.

They are different. Foden is much better at seeing & executing passes, much much better, Diaz better at dribbling possibly goalscoring.

Both should have an assist by it tonight.

Wanted to get through the group unbeaten. Think we'd have played a stronger team if the Derby wasn't on Sunday.

Why? I think Diaz is stronger, more powerful and more dangerous than Foden. So what’s bizarre about that?
That you would make the comment in the first place. Why compare them? They both played completely different roles and both more than held their own.
For somebody to post straight after a game that one is better than the other without any kind of context and not mention anything else about the game is, for want of a better word, bizarre.

Diaz should be on the bench on Sunday. One last thought - Aguero pen. - what a rocket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.