Shares in Manchester City

sugga_d said:
mcnil said:
if you didnt claim your money for your shares it is held in a fund untill such time as you do. you have to relinquish your certificate to claim the very small ammount it will be actually worth. I have my certificate still, I had the grand total of one share and it would have netted me a matter of pence. Far less infact than the cost of the letter they sent me to tell me about the compulsary purchase of the remaining shares. I kept the certificate, partly because I didnt want to sell, and mainly because I have it as a momento of when I owned a very small bit of our wonderful club.

Thanks for the info Mcnil

Do you think its about 20-30% of the original value?

He will prob keep the cercificate now anyway because like you say it has sentimental value

i think it was about 40p per share, so it would depend on what he originally paid for them .

As a good will gesture all share certificates were returned as Frank understood that they had sentimental value to the holders, so you could sell and get the certificate back.

As previous posters stated any unclaimed funds were to be held in trust as the shares were purchased compulsory by Frank once he held 80%

mcnil said:
sugga_d said:
Thanks for the info Mcnil

Do you think its about 20-30% of the original value?

He will prob keep the cercificate now anyway because like you say it has sentimental value

i think it was about 40p per share, so it would depend on what he originally paid for them .

Yeah that sound right. He got 1000 shares at £1 each so for £400 quid it might be worht doing

Does it matter that Frank no longer has any say? So should you try getting the money off the ADUG group instead of Dodgy Frank Investments Ltd? Seeing as they bought his shares?

scall1 said:
Does it matter that Frank no longer has any say? So should you try getting the money off the ADUG group instead of Dodgy Frank Investments Ltd? Seeing as they bought his shares?

the money is lodged in a fund with the club, nowt to do with frank

Bossman Blue said:
sugga_d said:
My dad bought shares in Manchester City PLC 15 years ago. When Thaksin Shinawatra took over at Man City he bought 60% of all the shares and turned the club into a private company. ADUG then bought City of him.

Does my dad now have shares in ADUG or a new company set up to control city?

Does ADUG want to buy the remaining shares off the small owners, if so how do you go about it?

If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated

Many thanks

No he does not. When 'Frank' bought City he had to make the same offer to all shareholders that he made to the big share holders who initially sold to him to give him his controlling interest. Once he got over (not sure of the number) 80% of share owners saying yes he then had to buy 100% and no shareholder could refuse to sell. Frank then owned 100% of the shares. He sold those to ADUG. Is that clear?

I used to own 1 share in Manchester City plc then when frank came in and bought us out. He offered me 40p for my share. I didn't reply so the shres went to him anyway as he recieved no reply from me.

So, as Bossman Blue explained ADUG own all the shares in City.

It doesn't matter what's happened since as far as I know. Thaksin had to put up the £21.6m for all the shares and, as someone said, that money is held in trust. So you should be able to get 40p a share even now and they will give you your share certificate back.

sugga_d said:
My dad bought shares in Manchester City PLC 15 years ago. When Thaksin Shinawatra took over at Man City he bought 60% of all the shares and turned the club into a private company. ADUG then bought City of him.

Does my dad now have shares in ADUG or a new company set up to control city?

Does ADUG want to buy the remaining shares off the small owners, if so how do you go about it?

If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated

Many thanks

ive got the details mate, pm me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.