should I buy a kia sportage

goatersnipple

Team supported
Don't be daft
Any advice anyone.
I'm looking to but a new car mainly for the misses

She likes the look of the kia sportage gt line.
Any one got one or had any dealings with them.

Mrs Termites has one. Roomy, comfy, handles pretty well on B roads, not too sluggish away from the lights, very well manufactured. It's the 4 wheel drive version and while not a Jeep or Land Rover off-road, it's a lot better than I expected it to be.

So frankly get one, unless you're a brand snob.

Mrs Termites has one. Roomy, comfy, handles pretty well on B roads, not too sluggish away from the lights, very well manufactured. It's the 4 wheel drive version and while not a Jeep or Land Rover off-road, it's a lot better than I expected it to be.

So frankly get one, unless you're a brand snob.
I'm no brand snob.
And the 7 year warranty speaks volumes in my opinion.
Think I might take her to the nearest kia dealership to test drive one.
Thanks

Not sure how well the residuals hold-up. Maybe look at a lease deal rather than purchase?

A mate has one and he likes it. Its a 2.0 diesel 4WD with a high spec. You might want to avoid the 1.7 diesel.

I have run dealerships for Ford,Jaguar,VW,SEAT,Vauxhall,Renault,Peugeot and Kia in my career.
Moved into a different sector 8 years ago and needed a couple of cars.....bought 2 Kias,most reliable cars on the road imo.
Most unreliable.....VW(great marketing makes brand snobs pay over the odds) and Jaguar,fooking awful.

If you buy one the 7 year warranty was transferable(always service at the dealership)and if still the case if you get rid at 3/4 years you have something to pass onto the new owner.Helps resale.

Could never understand buying a 2 wheel drive version for something that clearly should have 4 wheel drive but thats personal choice.

We looked at one for the wife and decided to order a Q3 instead.
We have to wait a bit longer as Audi have a few weeks backlog before they can build it for us.
Test drive a kia (handling not very good) and then test drive the Q3 the audi wins hands down imho

due last week in June

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.