should I buy a kia sportage

Any advice anyone.
I'm looking to but a new car mainly for the misses

She likes the look of the kia sportage gt line.
Any one got one or had any dealings with them.

My dads got one - 1.6T GT Line - think he paid around £26 - full spec in dark gun metal. He had the Sportage 2.0L 2011 from new and traded it in. Think they gave him around £11k for it.

I've had a few drives of it and really impressed - the 1.6 GT is definitely quicker/more power than the 2.0L and the handing has improved. Interior is very nice with the two-tone leather seats. He's been really impressed with Kia and their customer service - he had a few issue with the 2011 Sportage that were sorted very quickly, free of charge, under the 7 year warranty at Kia in Openshaw.

Last edited:
The Sportage is a good motor, but I found the 1.7D hideous on mpg, really poor at 30-35. I've gone for a top of the range Qashqai Tekna this time and it's vastly superior in all aspects, and getting around 45-50 mpg, with a smaller 1.5D engine.

Thanks for this. We've been looking at a replacement car, and visited the Altrincham branch twice. I don't think we've spoken to Ben yet though.
No problem. Hope you get sorted!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My step dads got one hes not had a prob with it and the 7yr warranty is a great selling point if u wont to get rid later !!

Have to be honest; the new one is nowhere near as nice a looking car as the previous model. I'm looking to change my car in a few months and I'm looking at a SUV (need something higher for my back). I did consider the Sportage, along with the Qashqai. But, as it stands, I'm seriously looking at the Hyundai Tucson.

Give the qashqai a big swerve Jim. Had a 1.5dci Tekna as a company car delivered last June. All the bells and whistles, and it should at £26445, but I have never encountered such disgraceful build quality in any car. The passenger door trim rattled from new, the exhaust manifold heatshield worked its way loose, and the steering started making a bizarre noise when I turned the wheel. Took it into the dealer, they managed to fix the heatshield but not the other faults. Various warning lights come and go too. If I'd bought the car privately I would have demanded my money back, it really was a bag of shit. As it was I left the company and happily gave it back. God help the new owner!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.