Should Toure get a farewell ceremony?

Nope. Should have been fucked off after dragging the club through the mud after claiming we didn't give him time off after his brother's death, when instead he fucked off to Dubai.

And this is the reason why. Everyone talks about cake but it was THIS incident where Yaya showed his true colors. He used his younger brother's death to try to get a pay increase. Scumbag.

Ok tin hat time for me. I think Zabaleta was a one off. I don’t think Yaya should get the kind of celebration he got. Zabaleta Left the club a hero at the right time . Yaya used his brothers death to drag the name of the club through the mud, Kompany should retire and puts Belgium before City, Aguero is briefing the press. No doubt I will get pelters for this but I hate this glorifying individuals before the club, it’s a team game and none of them could do what they do without the efforts of their team mates. I support Manchester City not some of their individual players. Once we start this it will be never ending. The only other player remotely deserving of such ceremonial send off would be David Silva.

And this is the reason why. Everyone talks about cake but it was THIS incident where Yaya showed his true colors. He used his younger brother's death to try to get a pay increase. Scumbag.

+1.

It doesn’t matter what a player does on the field if he shows a complete lack of respect to the club and more importantly the fans. There’s a huge difference between in “asking the club to leave/asking for a bigger contract” and using a close deceased relative to try and force a move away. On the field he never really gave us 100% either, that always grated with me because he’s so exceptionally talented that he should have been competing with Messi and Ronaldo for individual honours but he just couldn’t be arsed. A lazy if very good footballer but a complete prick of a man, if you can even call him that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok tin hat time for me. I think Zabaleta was a one off. I don’t think Yaya should get the kind of celebration he got. Zabaleta Left the club a hero at the right time . Yaya used his brothers death to drag the name of the club through the mud, Kompany should retire and puts Belgium before City, Aguero is briefing the press. No doubt I will get pelters for this but I hate this glorifying individuals before the club, it’s a team game and none of them could do what they do without the efforts of their team mates. I support Manchester City not some of their individual players. Once we start this it will be never ending. The only other player remotely deserving of such ceremonial send off would be David Silva.

Lets not forget another "legend" who cared more about what his bookie thought than his manager.

Legend is reserved for someone like Zabs or Silva. They bleed blue both on AND off the pitch.

When toure leaves at the end of the season should he get a farewell ceremony like zabaleta did last season. I know his agent is a nob but the guy is a genuine legend and imo him kompany and aguero who might also possibly leave this year are no less deserving of a goodbye ceremony than zaba who was also a legend.

Nice bit of self deprecation there Dimitri....

;)

Wave him off and say well done, thanks for the celebration - he'll be welcomed back etc, but he has earned the right to be split the crowd. Personally, I think City will and should rise above the crap, and send him off well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.