Should we all stop eating McDonalds and stop drinking Pepsi? This is a serious question.

It was still classed as an invasion and intervention, and even though the Gambian public want them to leave, 5 years on they are still occupying the place.

Not something that you can draw parallels with Ukraine. There are legitimate reasons for Ecowas to remain in place to maintain security, only Tankies (Stalinists) would seriously draw parallels like this.

Adama Barrow may be using them to sure up power for his own corrupt reasons but I doubt either of us know enough to conclude that.

Completely different scenario to Russia invading Ukraine.

Not something that you can draw parallels with Ukraine. There are legitimate reasons for Ecowas to remain in place to maintain security, only Tankies (Stalinists) would seriously draw parallels like this.

Adama Barrow may be using them to sure up power for his own corrupt reasons but I doubt either of us know enough to conclude that.

Completely different scenario to Russia invading Ukraine.

Ok fair enough, I was using the most recent 2 invasions/occupations as examples, so maybe the gambia situation is different, but the point about Yemen stand better as a comparrison

I will NEVER eat or drink either again.

I can’t believe that whilst Russian forces are descending on the Ukraine killing anybody - yes anybody - who happens to be there - that household names like PEPSI and McDonalds feel that it’s ok to carry on trading in Russia.

What horrible people are behind these companies?

Their behaviour absolutely beggars belief.

I have no more words.

End of.
Genuine question, when over 1 million innocent Iraqis were slaughtered why did the thought of boycotting British and American never cross your mind?

Genuine question, when over 1 million innocent Iraqis were slaughtered why did the thought of boycotting British and American never cross your mind?

How would Brits in the UK boycott British produce and not starve?

The 1 million deaths figure is widely considered inaccurate and some Iraqis would be jointly responsible for some of that because the total figure includes violence between tribes and religious groups.

I'm not someone who thought the Iraq war was a good thing, it was a monumentally idiotic war. And I believe Tony Blair was suffering from a delusional state of mind in believing he was liberating the Iraqi people to give them Western democracy.

You are getting too close to Putin's script imo though.

Anyway we're far too busy boycoting our Chinese contingents at the moment to be worrying about past malaises. We don't need our nails done and can't abide the egg fried rice and hate anything of an electical nature from those non compliant safety sausages down at shing-zon HQ.

The last thing I bought Chinese was a Dyson animal Battery that lasted 4 months off the Ebay so you get the bigger picture and as of last week we are both still nil by mouth.

Looking to the bigger picture we should cease purchasing Russian oil and gas and live with any reccesion coming our way that wouldn't impede us a sniff more remotely than those Ukranainian brave souls are already suffering. If we are to sanction then at least have the balls to sanction with prejudice.

Last edited:
I will NEVER eat or drink either again.

I can’t believe that whilst Russian forces are descending on the Ukraine killing anybody - yes anybody - who happens to be there - that household names like PEPSI and McDonalds feel that it’s ok to carry on trading in Russia.

What horrible people are behind these companies?

Their behaviour absolutely beggars belief.

I have no more words.

End of.
I don't eat or drink either, so I am right behind you brother?

Seriously though it is fucking deplorable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.