Should we be looking at new kit deal?- new update pg34 Chelsea NIKE DEAL

I'll assume out new kits will be Vapor Kits, so the material and cut will be completely different. Vapor unfortunately also uses badges applied to the uniforms, so we will still have that patch situation. All the Vapor Kits to this point have had a different color on the shoulders/arms.

I think Puma is currently making the best looking Kit, but larger supporters seem to not like them because they are cut to be very form sitting.

-i'm actually surprised that Footyheadlines or any other source haven't had a real "leak" of our new kits yet... only computer generated patterns with the old logos..

-think we will wear the new kit for Swansea? don't most clubs break out new kits for the last game, especially if they aren't changing manufacturer or sponsor?

i think the reason why there have been no leaks yet is because the sweatshops havent started making them yet because of the potential of a possible star if we had won the UCL. No point making them with the wrong badge.

Now that has been settled, expect a few million shirts to be made by the morning.

Nike dont do the last home game new kit thing. they like their big hoohaa in the pre-season when all their clubs release at the same time so its too late to object to them.

Chelsea have ended their kit deal with adidas six years before it is due to expire

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/medi...elsea-fc-agree-early-termination-partnership/

Just read that Chelsea get £30m a year from adidas for their deal, and adidas confirm here that Chelsea will pay a sum to break the contract early in order to sign with a competitor.

I assume it must be Nike because no other firm would have the financial clout to significantly beat that deal.

So, how can Nike justify smashing the £30m a year on Chelsea ,and yet pay us a paltry £12m a season?

Perhaps our executives are spending too much time trying to secure a Chinese lighting partner for £2m p.a. instead of negotiating a significantly better deal from our kit manufacturer.

Last edited:
We only took Nike on in 2013/14 season and I'm sure it was for at least 4 or 5 years at £12m per season. At the time it was fairly competitive based on our shirt sales. Our ability to command a decent deal is gonna be based on current sales and potential reach. I would imagine we're somewhere behind the likes of the dippers, Arsenal and Chelsea. Pep and some good marquee signings could change all of that though..

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/medi...elsea-fc-agree-early-termination-partnership/

Just read that Chelsea get £30m a year from adidas for their deal, and adidas confirm here that Chelsea will pay a sum to break the contract early in order to sign with a competitor.

I assume it must be Nike because no other firm would have the financial clout to significantly beat that deal.

So, how can Nike justify smashing the £30m a year on Chelsea ,and yet pay us a paltry £12m a season?

Perhaps our executives are spending too much time trying to secure a Chinese lighting partner for £2m p.a. instead of negotiating a significantly better deal from our kit manufacturer.

We have to accept we're behind them on overall shirt sales etc across the globe

Chi-aRjWMAA3QTH.jpg

ChizyLyXEAADRH8.jpg
Ooh do those with the Etihad under the Nike tick like the Umbro one was, making the sash complete please fella...

If Chelsea & Nike suddenly strike a deal that makes ours look even more pitiful, then some renegotiations need to be held.

remember our deal is old, created when we werent as popular in the global market of fans for shirt sales. Chelsea already had that populous that gave Adidas the confidence to make a profit on the Chelsea deal. Them winning the Chumps League might have boosted the deal as some sort of prestige.

Our next deal should be a better one, after growing our fan base globally.

Surely this means we are looking at a new deal too?

Chelsea want at least £50m a year from new kit sponsor after parting from adidas as Nike close in on shirt deal with Tottenham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3585489/Chelsea-want-50m-year-new-kit-sponsor-parting-adidas.html#ixzz48Q4jhR9w
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.