Should we be resting players

moomba

I know we are still in with a slight chance of qualifying for Europe through the league, but I really think we've got to throw everything we've got into the UEFA Cup.

Players struggling with injury (Kompany, Bridge, Robinho), players that get kicked week in week out (SWP, Ireland) really should be rested (not all at once) over the course of the rest of the year to make sure we have our best players fit and firing for the cup matches.

I still think we have what it takes in the squad to win our home games with one or two of our best 11 missing, and lets face facts, we can't do much worse if we rest a few of our better players from away matches.

It gives them a break at the end of a long , it gives game time to potential replacements if they are needed in the latter stages of the cup. Sure it might lessen our chances of finishing as high as possible in the league, but I think it's a sacrifice worth making.

I just think today hughes shouldn't of started kompany and bridge, both clearly unfit and easily could of made things worse, simple decision of putting elano in for kompany and zabaleta starting at left back.

only if we tell the fans who are going to spend a fortune on tickets and travel going to arsenal etc. that when they get there they will be seeing the reserve team when even the first team are giving them fuck all in return for thier support at away grounds

No - We haven't got a big enough squad to do this i'm afraid.
We have to do well in uefa & try & nab 7th in the league, resting players is not an option for this squad.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
I just think today hughes shouldn't of started kompany and bridge, both clearly unfit and easily could of made things worse, simple decision of putting elano in for kompany and zabaleta starting at left back.
THIS!!

I was fooking lived when they both pulled up lame early in the match!! Playing people who are clearly unfit really gets my goat and it now looks like they are both in doubt for Hamburg........FFS!!! Also, why would we simply not replace Bridge with Garrido, instead of upsetting the whole balance of the team by playing Zab out-of-position in the left.....you lost me on that one Mark!!

Frustrated Blue.......but looking forward to winning trophies soon.....real soon!!!

MCFC_Freestyler said:
this is so true , he`s made the same mistake as pearce when he tried to grab 7th spot & played players who werent fit , this saw us beaten by w.ham. We should have rested half the team today & if we got beaten 6.0 , i couldnt care less. Too late now though , we`ve tired depleted team for wednesday & i fear the worst. End of the road for hughes in my book if we go out on thursday.

ballinio said:
End of the road for hughes in my book if we go out on thursday.
If there's one thing I can guarantee you, it's that we won't be getting knocked out of anything on Thursday.

ballinio said:
We should have rested half the team today & if we got beaten 6.0 , i couldnt care less

If we did indeed get beat 6-0, you'd be on here praising Hughes for resting all the players in readiness for Thursday.

I don't think so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.