Sidney Rose RIP

kramer said:
Very sad RiP Sidney was an important part of our great club Condolences to family and friend

I'm not sure if this was Sidney but when Best broke Glyn Pardoe's leg, a surgeon connected to City saw that it was very serious and rushed down to ensure that Glyn got the correct treatment as soon as possible, even calling the hospital to arrange for Glyn to go in to surgery immediately it was said that his prompt actions probably saved his leg
Yes that would have been Sidney. My late dad was working in A&E that night. He had auxiliary nursing qualifications (although it wasn't his day job) and used to work at MRI a couple of nights a week on the front desk at A&E there, booking people in and doing some basic triage.

He knew most of the surgeons well and he either managed to get into the theatre or spoke to them afterwards and he said it was a close run thing as Glyn's artery was trapped iirc.

He was a very close friend of my family.
He loved City.
I remember him telling the story of how he attended to Bert Trautmann after he broke his neck. Put him in traction and it snapped back into place. He thought it was hilarious.
RIP CTID

Prestwich_Blue said:
kramer said:
Very sad RiP Sidney was an important part of our great club Condolences to family and friend

I'm not sure if this was Sidney but when Best broke Glyn Pardoe's leg, a surgeon connected to City saw that it was very serious and rushed down to ensure that Glyn got the correct treatment as soon as possible, even calling the hospital to arrange for Glyn to go in to surgery immediately it was said that his prompt actions probably saved his leg
Yes that would have been Sidney. My late dad was working in A&E that night. He had auxiliary nursing qualifications (although it wasn't his day job) and used to work at MRI a couple of nights a week on the front desk at A&E there, booking people in and doing some basic triage.

He knew most of the surgeons well and he either managed to get into the theatre or spoke to them afterwards and he said it was a close run thing as Glyn's artery was trapped iirc.

Thanks for that PB I thought it was Glynn was a lucky man that he was there

Very many thanks to all who have posted their condolences. Your thoughts are a great consolation to all the family at this time. He would have really appreciated all your recollections (not all of which I'd heard before).

He had a good life, and a long one. And it was a great delight that he lived long enough to see City restored to its former glory (though sad that he wasn't well enough to be there in person to us win the Championship or the FA Cup).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.