Singapore Blues?

Oldskool

Sunny regards from the tropics, fellow Blues!

The Singapore Blues are the officially affiliated supporters club of MCFC in Singapore and consist of a motley bunch of Blues from Singapore, neighbouring South East Asian countries as well as expatriates from the United Kingdom and other European countries.

Whether you’re an exiled Kippax lad that’s relocated to Singapore because of job or love, or a City regular visiting the city state for a vacation or that stop-over on your way to Australia - give us a shout and join us for a pint when the Blues take the field and we’re flying the City flag in one of the bars on Quayside. Despite some of the kick-off times being rather hideous (middle of the night), we always find a decent place that shows the City match and serves cold beer.

We also meet regularly for football sessions. So if you think you’re a bu
manchester-city-singapore-fan-club-futsal-session
dding Sergio Agüero, we look forward to your skills on the astro-turf pitches of Yishun, Ang Mo Kio and Tampines.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow Blues in and around Singapore.

Up the Blues!
Oldskool

Mail:kippaxed@outlook.com
Web:http://mcfc-sg.com/news-and-events/
Facebook:www.facebook.com/mcfcsg

Nowhere near. At least when it comes to numbers (wearing replica shirts). Singapore is awash with U++++d plastics.You'd think you're in London.
The City support over here is still a rather exclusive circle ;-)

Was 'rogue trader' Nick Leeson a member during his time in Singapore? I recall him wearing a City top when he was up in court after busting Barings Bank.

I had a drink at his former haunt, Harry's Bar, on Boat Quay last January.

Nick Leeson never paid the membership fee, typical banker! ;-) And no 'slings' when the S'pore blues meet - we stick to the ol' ale and lager. Real men of the people! :-)

PS: Sorry to hear about the rickshaw incident. While there are clearly not many of these vehicles left over here, mainly catering for visitors, LFC memorabilia can be found literally everywhere ...

Nick Leeson never paid the membership fee, typical banker! ;-) And no 'slings' when the S'pore blues meet - we stick to the ol' ale and lager. Real men of the people! :-)

PS: Sorry to hear about the rickshaw incident. While there are clearly not many of these vehicles left over here, mainly catering for visitors, LFC memorabilia can be found literally everywhere ...
Unfortunately the same can be said for KL. It is baffling how the locals still follow the dippers, having said that they get very good, positive press coverage over here.

I sent Leeson some City programmes when passing through Singapore during his time he was banged up in Changi prison. Don't know if he received them or not as I just put his name and c/o the prison on the envelope.
I think there is a thread on him somewhere on BM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.