Singing section/Atmosphere

Everything in life is due to various factors though isn't it. Things don't just happen for no reason. And I don' see the need to deny that. It''s not about making excuses just acknowledging some of the reasons.

It's clear that the crowds that attend city now are different in attitude to a few years ago and that obviously has an impact on the atmosphere. Or how would you explain the worsening atmosphere? People have just lost their voices?

Significant pockets of people in the south stand do sing but it would require more to join in around them and in neighbouring blocks for it to spread. Which rarely happens in the east and west stands as the concept of singing and cheering etc mostly seems to be alien to them (I know there are exceptions) and like I said the demographic in the ground as a whole has changed with the success. Why place all the blame on a singing section when they are the ones making the effort. They cannot force people to join in. It's easy for you to sit at the other end of the ground and bemoan the atmosphere while saying I'm not joining in unless it travels round to my seat in some kind of audio Mexican wave.

That was supposed to be a reply to kevin horlocks wand btw but the quote seemed to disappear

The Singing Section was silent yesterday. It must be the quiestest Singing Section anywhere.

There were pockets of the East Stand who tried to get some songs going but the rest of the East Stand never bother unless the whole of the Singing Section sings (which is very rare). So when they don’t, the East Stand is silent on the whole as well.

I don’t think most of the Singing Section understand that they are in a SINGING Section and there’s also a lack of understand that they are the front man for the whole crowd and the rest of the ground won’t create their own noise unless they can sing along with the front man. That’s the same at every ground so don’t think it will be different at City, every crowd at every ground rely on their Singing Section to make noise to join in with.

But there was absolutely nothing from the Singing Section yesterday. Which is weird because everyone was well up for this game after last week’s defeat and the Rags just winning beforehand. It was 17:30 as well which is usually the best KO time for atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huddersfield are good. Better than Palace. Best 2 singing groups in the country.
I think they just make noise rather than a good atmosphere. Their atmospheres have become a drum banging annoyingly rather than a decent song led atmosphere.

Part of the problem in SS1 is that we have a number of small pockets of fans trying to get songs going but they try to start different songs at the same time so neither actually catch well enough. Or they sing the same songs out of sync with each other.

But the main problem as others on here have stated is that people just don't seem to want to sing. Some do but we are a minority. I don't think it's because of the tourists, I'm surrounded by season ticket holders most of whom who just stand there. Whilst the bloke next to me, not a season ticket holder and first time id seen him was not just joining in but was trying to get songs started.

Why is everyone using the word “literally” incorrectly?
Has Jamie Redknapp joined the forum?

As someone who stands at the back of 115 I know we sang constantly all the way through the game. I know the guys to left and the right of us did the same. If the rest of you don' want to join in or start your own songs to which we would join in that's obviously your choice. But please don' moan about the atmosphere or the singing section. You lot are part of the problem

Literally those acoustics aren’t a factor. It’s the simple fact that we don’t sing at home with any degree of intensity. That’s the problem.

Getting the atmosphere going at home has nothing whatsoever to do with acoustics, the family stand, tourists, the queues at the bar, the location of the away fans, all seater stadiums , the Tories, brexit . It’s the fact that at home the singing section don’t sing to get the atmosphere going around the ground.

i agree there just aren't enough people that actually sing. I find it bizarre though, because only a few years ago the south stand- in particular the corner section used to sing all the time or at least a lot louder then now. its as if those same people have all stopped going ? or they've all decided to just stop singing. i think it was against juventus in the uefa cup where the corner section just sang all game. when does that ever happen now ? or whens the last time say the colin bell or east stand level 3 actually sang anything ?

The other bits i agree. most of the people in the ground aren't tourists and most of the people not singing are long standing fans. acoustics - you can hear the away fans fine most weeks - its all just excuses now. one thing i do notice more then anything though, is just how miserable some of our fans actually are. sometimes i question whether some people are alive. I regularly sit near people who don't cheer, sing, react to anything. even yesterday when I'm watching the game back- for the penalty a lot of people didnt even cheer or stand up... i think people go out of habit and don't enjoy it.

its the best football we've probably ever seen and you'd think It would be great. even this season there hasn't been one game where i thought wow what a great atmosphere. yesterday was by all accounts a big game and you wouldn't even know it.

i agree there just aren't enough people that actually sing. I find it bizarre though, because only a few years ago the south stand- in particular the corner section used to sing all the time or at least a lot louder then now. its as if those same people have all stopped going ? or they've all decided to just stop singing. i think it was against juventus in the uefa cup where the corner section just sang all game. when does that ever happen now ? or whens the last time say the colin bell or east stand level 3 actually sang anything ?

The other bits i agree. most of the people in the ground aren't tourists and most of the people not singing are long standing fans. acoustics - you can hear the away fans fine most weeks - its all just excuses now. one thing i do notice more then anything though, is just how miserable some of our fans actually are. sometimes i question whether some people are alive. I regularly sit near people who don't cheer, sing, react to anything. even yesterday when I'm watching the game back- for the penalty a lot of people didnt even cheer or stand up... i think people go out of habit and don't enjoy it.

its the best football we've probably ever seen and you'd think It would be great. even this season there hasn't been one game where i thought wow what a great atmosphere. yesterday was by all accounts a big game and you wouldn't even know it.

Agree with all of that. I reckon pellegrini piss poor slow football knocked the stuffing out of us all!!!!

Everything in life is due to various factors though isn't it. Things don't just happen for no reason. And I don' see the need to deny that. It''s not about making excuses just acknowledging some of the reasons.

It's clear that the crowds that attend city now are different in attitude to a few years ago and that obviously has an impact on the atmosphere. Or how would you explain the worsening atmosphere? People have just lost their voices?

Significant pockets of people in the south stand do sing but it would require more to join in around them and in neighbouring blocks for it to spread. Which rarely happens in the east and west stands as the concept of singing and cheering etc mostly seems to be alien to them (I know there are exceptions) and like I said the demographic in the ground as a whole has changed with the success. Why place all the blame on a singing section when they are the ones making the effort. They cannot force people to join in. It's easy for you to sit at the other end of the ground and bemoan the atmosphere while saying I'm not joining in unless it travels round to my seat in some kind of audio Mexican wave.

That was supposed to be a reply to kevin horlocks wand btw but the quote seemed to disappear

I have done my time creating atmosphere for the ground , used to sing and sway in the kippax, platt lane and north stand. I sit facing because I am older now so take my lad and dad. Standing up through out the game is not an option anymore I am afraid

The reason I blame the singing section is well because it’s called......,well, you get my drift.

I dunno may be all the youngsters are all on their phones?

It would be great to get the ground rocking for the rest of the season, the rest of the ground loves it, so does pep and the players but the genesis of that atmosphere needs to be generated in the south stand.

Yesterday, given the circumstances which I outlined earlier , I was shocked at how quiet we were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.