Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

A doctor writes:
There are 18 signs of serious personality flaws associated with people who have a sence of self entitlement. The first 16 can be found here:
https://lonerwolf.com/sense-of-entitlement/
The remaining two can be described as:
17: Anyone who started to support an old style Sky 4 club because they "win stuff" and the club their family traditionally supports doesn't.
18: Anyone who keeps having a pop at Manchester City about money because they believe their club was more deserving and should have got the windfall instead.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
What happened last Saturday, was not supposed to happen.

Not only for the Sky Liverpool promotion, but for the Sky Utd promotion.

Liverpool turn City over (as many of the Sky/media mob had secretly convinced themselves would happen) everyone is happy. Sky Liverpool get loads of happy scousers to feed, Sky Utd are delighted that City aren't 'all that', they don't really rate Liverpool anyhow & can feel much better watching Mourinho's Maulers plod along toward the inevitable title.

But we won 5-0.

Damage limitation kicks in, so it never actually happened. Normal service can resume for the weekend.

I lay the blame for this whole absurd debate at the feet of Gary Neville, poor lamb's ego was bruised when Mane was sent off and he didn't get to say 'I told you so' as the likelihood then was the game wouldn't pan out the way Gary predicted it to.

The man is an utter cockwomble and there's little that frustrates me more in football than when I see Blues blowing smoke up his arse.

Lol.....from the daily trollograph.......

Sadio Mane's three-match suspension for (accidentally) nearly decapitating Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson leaves Liverpool without their most influential attacking player.

I lay the blame for this whole absurd debate at the feet of Gary Neville, poor lamb's ego was bruised when Mane was sent off and he didn't get to say 'I told you so' as the likelihood then was the game wouldn't pan out the way Gary predicted it to.

The man is an utter cockwomble and there's little that frustrates me more in football than when I see Blues blowing smoke up his arse.
I definitely think Neville set the whole narrative to this. I have no idea why he called it as a bad decision, especially once he had seen the replays but I have no doubt that what the commentator and co commentator say during the match hugely affects the perception of the majority of people who seem to be unable to think for themselves. I'm convinced if he calls it correctly and says it has to be a red none of the following stuff that was absolute bollocks would have occurred. The whole thing has been very very odd IMO.

Totally agree. He fucking wouldn't leave it be. 15 minutes into the 2nd half he was still bleating about it.
I found myself shouting at the TV, across a crowded bar. "Fucking move on and keep up with the fucking game ".

I blame neville too. Had respect for him previously but since his bickering with Pep making him look a complete knob he has been all out for City. No doubts he set the tone for all this.

They do have a lot of influence deffo, too much as far as I am concerned, it's why we have to have City pundits, its that important. We wouldnt have had this narrative.

I definitely think Neville set the whole narrative to this. I have no idea why he called it as a bad decision, especially once he had seen the replays but I have no doubt that what the commentator and co commentator say during the match hugely affects the perception of the majority of people who seem to be unable to think for themselves. I'm convinced if he calls it correctly and says it has to be a red none of the following stuff that was absolute bollocks would have occurred. The whole thing has been very very odd IMO.

Exactly and if you couple his comments with the rubbish red card tweet from Lineker then they have instantly convinced a large majority of football fans and media that the red card was incorrect.

Totally agree. He fucking wouldn't leave it be. 15 minutes into the 2nd half he was still bleating about it.
I found myself shouting at the TV, across a crowded bar. "Fucking move on and keep up with the fucking game ".

I was at the game on Saturday so didn't hear it live, but have since watched the full game 'as live'. Like you, I couldn't believe what I was hearing at times. In the past, since Neville has been a pundit, I have been impressed with his analysis and impartiality as a pundit and his understanding of a game. Recently, I think he has started to slide away. His analysis of a team's strengths and weaknesses is probably still pretty sound but when you don't actually understand the laws of the game - and he clearly doesn't judging from his commentary - what the fuck are you doing spouting shite about irrelevant crap like 'he had no intent to slash Ederson's face often with his studs'? I can't take seriously the opinion of someone who doesn't know the rules when they spout about a rule-based issue.

I wasn't as disappointed with Tyler as some on here. Someone in the media thread said something like 'when the dippers all walked out a 3-0, multiply that by millions across the globe in terms of people turning off their TVs' and that is absolutely right. If you go on RAWK you will read a lot from people who turned off at 2 or 3-0. Tyler's job, however, is to stop that from happening. His job is to make sure the maximum number of people are watching at any one time. Allowing his Liverpool audience to wallow in their 'we wuz robbed' self pity was his way of doing that. It sticks in the throat when you are witching it live, but somehow when you (a) know why he's doing it, and (b) you already know the final score, it isn't so much of a problem :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.