Slaughter and the dogs

der bomber28

maurizio gaudino's secret lockup keeping dog
Bought this months city mag, and there's a piece by Kevin Cummins on Tony Wilson.
Anyway there is a pic of my uncles old band (slaughter) with Tony, And it got me wondering. Have any older blues on here heard of the band, and if so what did you think of them. my memories are a bit fuzzy as I was a bit young when they were about. I have their albums and quite a bit of memorabilia, but it would be nice to hear your thought's or memories of them.

Cheers.

Do it Dog Style, still is one of my favourite punk albums.
The influence of Mick Ronson is so strong on a number of tracks.
I took a lot of stick at school for liking Slaughter and the dogs back in the day, but i kept the faith.
Where have all the boot boys gone. Lots of energy and power.
Since you went away. A beautiful classy rock song.

Any news, are they likely to be doing any one off gigs ever again?

I loved these back in the day.

A great band live and I even in later years used to tell my kids at work that I was actually in the band for a short while just to boost my street cred up to even higher levels.

cooperman45 said:
Do it Dog Style, still is one of my favourite punk albums.
The influence of Mick Ronson is so strong on a number of tracks.
I took a lot of stick at school for liking Slaughter and the dogs back in the day, but i kept the faith.
Where have all the boot boys gone. Lots of energy and power.
Since you went away. A beautiful classy rock song.

Any news, are they likely to be doing any one off gigs ever again?

They played the punk festival in Blackpool this year, their doing a few dates in the new year as well. Will try and find out for you.

-- Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:12 pm --

Ducado said:
Where Have All The Boot Boys Gone? A classic of it's time

My uncle co-wrote that. Zip Bates.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:24 pm --<br /><br />My uncle Howard ZIP Bates, second from left.

sad3.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.