Small Time Mentality?

franksinatra said:
The reason the ticket office is being criticised is because like every major game played by this club they have made a complete mess of it.

Wembley 99 was a fiasco, Wigan tickets the same year when fans waited 9 hours after being given a raflle ticket by the club only then to be told all tickets have sold out.

I haven't missed a game at home all season including cup matches,travelled to Middjtlland, Schalke and will go to Hamburg but it looks like I will not be able to get a ticket for this game and frankly I am pissed as loyalty points, citycard etc have not been taken into consideration and so any daytripper who hasn't been arsed all season has got a ticket at my expense.

Be pissed off at the stay aways who have forced the club's hand in doing this then.

So you dont think the club as a professional organisation should give consideration and reward supporters for there loyalty. Is that not why we have loyalty points, Citycards etc.

I don't have a problem with anyone taking advantages of the prices, introducing kids as the cost is usually prohibitive to many. But the club should organise tickets so regular supporters have some kind of priority like for every other match.

How it it fair that some t**t who never goes can buy a ticket today for £5?? There's going to be so many people in that ground who either don't even support City or are just there because of the price.

I love our club, but the ticket office is a joke. It was the same last time we got to a Quarter Final against West Ham. The club clearly haven't thought this through. It should have gone on sale today for £5 to all seasoncard holders, citycard, accesscard etc.

Then after the 5 days let the one day fans have their tickets, but not at the same time. It's not fair in the slightest. I had to work today but I tried on the phone since 8, kept getting cut off... went to Arndale store in my lunch.. had to wait for an hour without getting a ticket.

Then went back at 5 to be told that all the tickets have gone. Fuckin bollocks.

It's not fair mate and a slap in the face for suppporters who have watched the mind numbing football of Pearce the depths of despair in the second division, the manager merry go round circa 98. Im sure you have read the other pages where fans with no Citycard have got nine tickets.

But amazingly some City fans cannot see why your pissed off.

franksinatra said:
No mate I was doing agency work at the time and work in the construction industry so it wasn't really able at the time to hand over 600 pounds. Ive gone every game for years either via citycard or accesscard. At the moment I think I might just walk away as im that angry at how the club has conducted itself.

I can remember the derby of 1990 and getting turned away for a ticket as my membership number for the kippax was 11,200 and they stopped applications at 11,000.

please dont take this as a dig at you because i feel for the situation your in but correct me if im wrong you say you have a citycard or accesscard but you managed to go to midgetland and shalke and are planning to go to hamburg. now i dont have a seasoncard and have done for two years but dont havethat many loyalty points, well not enough as i anticipate will be enough for hamburg but if you manage to get a ticket for that and have been able to for other uefa games then dont you think its a bit harsh. you say your pissed of because u aint got a ticket for home leg but really your in the same boat as so many others with citycards, but have managed to egt away tickets infront of genuine seasoncard holders.
fair enough the club could have gone about it differently but as we are in a qf and a quality deal is on you could see it coming. I hope you get your ticket sorted for this game. ctid

Stevies Bald Head! said:
franksinatra said:
No mate I was doing agency work at the time and work in the construction industry so it wasn't really able at the time to hand over 600 pounds. Ive gone every game for years either via citycard or accesscard. At the moment I think I might just walk away as im that angry at how the club has conducted itself.

I can remember the derby of 1990 and getting turned away for a ticket as my membership number for the kippax was 11,200 and they stopped applications at 11,000.

please dont take this as a dig at you because i feel for the situation your in but correct me if im wrong you say you have a citycard or accesscard but you managed to go to midgetland and shalke and are planning to go to hamburg. now i dont have a seasoncard and have done for two years but dont havethat many loyalty points, well not enough as i anticipate will be enough for hamburg but if you manage to get a ticket for that and have been able to for other uefa games then dont you think its a bit harsh. you say your pissed of because u aint got a ticket for home leg but really your in the same boat as so many others with citycards, but have managed to egt away tickets infront of genuine seasoncard holders.
fair enough the club could have gone about it differently but as we are in a qf and a quality deal is on you could see it coming. I hope you get your ticket sorted for this game. ctid

No mate I never got tickets infront of season ticket holders I went out to both of them without tickets and risked wasting money on flights, hotels etc and for both games was sat with the home supporters. Any season ticket holder could of taken that risk although I appreciate I was lucky and I will be doing the same for Hamburg. For example I paid 100 pounds back in 2004 for a Lokeren ticket. Season ticket card or city card for me, loyalty is measured in how many games you attend. I dont claim to be the biggest or best fan but I know I deserve one of those 44,000 tickets. There are lots of examples of deserving cases with regards to tickets and if a true fan got tickets over me I could accept that whether he had been to a few games more or less. But when people are walking up without Citycard and fans of other clubs, Im sure you can understand my frustration.

franksinatra said:
Stevies Bald Head! said:
franksinatra said:

No mate I never got tickets infront of season ticket holders I went out to both of them without tickets and risked wasting money on flights, hotels etc and for both games was sat with the home supporters. Any season ticket holder could of taken that risk although I appreciate I was lucky and I will be doing the same for Hamburg. For example I paid 100 pounds back in 2004 for a Lokeren ticket. Season ticket card or city card for me, loyalty is measured in how many games you attend. I dont claim to be the biggest or best fan but I know I deserve one of those 44,000 tickets. There are lots of examples of deserving cases with regards to tickets and if a true fan got tickets over me I could accept that whether he had been to a few games more or less. But when people are walking up without Citycard and fans of other clubs, Im sure you can understand my frustration.

Yeaa sure mate i was just asking the question, fair play sounds like youve spent your fair share of dosh on the blues!
Fuk me if hamburg is set to be a sell out looks like your in for another rather expensive ticket. i think this is an eyeopener for many of things to come if success is not too far away, i for one wont be getting rid of my seasoncard in the short term. ctid

I was hoping to get a season ticket this year but If we go to the final I very much doubt I will be able to afford again as I will go to the semi and the final. It is an eye opener though, yesterday I was panicking about getting a flight to Hamburg (finally got one to Bonn for £212) and today it's tickets for the home match... Maybe this is what success is like.

franksinatra said:
So you dont think the club as a professional organisation should give consideration and reward supporters for there loyalty. Is that not why we have loyalty points, Citycards etc.

I don't have a problem with anyone taking advantages of the prices, introducing kids as the cost is usually prohibitive to many. But the club should organise tickets so regular supporters have some kind of priority like for every other match.

As a season ticket holder I have until Sunday to get my ticket so believe my loyalty has been rewarded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.