Souness

I'm not offended at all by what he said I merely stated that in my opinion he is a clown and a dinosaur for making that comment, as well as being wrong. He wasn't specifically referring to that game yesterday when he made the comment, he was being a sexist pillock. It is you taking offence because you disagree with me !

Souness was stating a fact. The female version of football at the top, is probably lower than most, if not all teams that you can see at Hough End, on a Sunday morning.

No because it isn't a sexist phrase. Maybe try opening your mind and you might get the point.
Seeing as you’re struggling to comprehend what Souness said, how many of these statements are sexist?

Football is for soft arses, rugby is a real man’s game

Great that refs are letting play continue as football has always been a man’s game

Women can’t & shouldn’t play football as it’s a man’s game

I’ll give you a clue, it’s only the last one

Seeing as you’re struggling to comprehend what Souness said, how many of these statements are sexist?

Football is for soft arses, rugby is a real man’s game

Great that refs are letting play continue as football has always been a man’s game

Women can’t & shouldn’t play football as it’s a man’s game

I’ll give you a clue, it’s only the last one

Can you read my posts again and calm down? You seem to be having a hissy fit.

Can you read my posts again and calm down? You seem to be having a hissy fit.
Lol. So pointing out that ‘it’s a man’s game’ doesn’t have to be a sexist phrase is having a hissy fit?

Wonder why you didn’t answer the question??

It’s ok to admit when you’ve made a mistake mate ;)

As one of the very few females on here I’d like to add that myself and my female friends who follow sport didn’t find his comments at all sexist and that it’s definitely been blown well out of proportion I do feel though reading through the thread that It’s more Twitter than Bluemoon seeing some of the unashamedly sexist and misogynistic toxic replies.
Yes yes I see. Two sugars in mine please love.

Kidding.

Lol. So pointing out that ‘it’s a man’s game’ doesn’t have to be a sexist phrase is having a hissy fit?

Wonder why you didn’t answer the question??

It’s ok to admit when you’ve made a mistake mate ;)

Didn't I say specifically the posters comments a few pages back, not souness's off the cuff remarks?

Was it the best choice of phrase? Or would have something else been better?

Something that captured the essence of it's a professional sport with contact and it was within the rules of the game, without saying it is a "man's game" and detracting from the message.

It isn't effective communication if what you are saying is diminished by clumsily chosen phrases.

Is it sexist really?
Is he really displaying prejudice or discrimination against women here?
Haven't we got bigger issues in the world today than making an issue out of something that isn't an issue?
It's low hanging fruit mate. Addressing the genuine problems in the world today can carry consequences. I dare say he'll be hounded out of the job or have to write a non meaning, carefully worded, grovelling apology.

Over the years I have actually grown to quite like Souness. He tends to say it as it is and has been generally pretty fair in his views on City.
I think his comment was in the context of physicality and the confrontational nature of the men’s game.
Women’s football is very different in this respect. Far less nastinesses in it. It doesn’t make it any better or worse.
In no way was he implying the game should only be for men but some people just can’t wait to take offence.
I don’t think an apology is needed…just an explanation maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.