Southampton (H) League Cup Post-Match Thread

Didn't Angelino try and sit on the bench when he came off but was told to go down the tunnel hopefully not as bad as we think or could be wrong

It’s a shame Southampton didn’t do anything at all for the first 75 minutes to make a game of it. It was 24 minutes before Bravo touched the ball. But we can only play what’s in front of us and we got the job done efficiently with three of our best players not in the team. If KDB, Silva and Sterling play on Saturday it really could be 10. Good run out for the youngsters and a shame about Angelino. He looked pretty confident on the ball and had a good touch. Hopefully he’s not out too long.

I Predict a fairly scrappy game by our standards lacking the usual flow with us doing enough for a comfortable win and playing for the final whistle for the entire second half.
3-1.

Pretty much went as I predicted. Nobody really stood out tonight other than angelino who put in a series of great crosses but had no defending to do so was allowed to. Every one else just did alright without standing out.

Quick mention to bravo for a couple of very good saves, had nothing to do all game but was alert when needed, he’s a very good keeper.

Only negative bar angelino’s injury was the set piece defending. Before they scored they had a corner, I spotted angelino at the back post which looked mental, we got away with it then only to do the same thing minutes later creating a total mismatch. I got a few funny looks as I predicted out loud the goal exactly as it happened before he took the corner it couldn’t have been more obvious! angelino was static but it wouldn’t have mattered if he had pogo sticks to hand, he was never winning a contested header in that area. I get we’ve got a physically small team but there’s surely some better way of setting up than that, it’s no coincidence we concede a lot from set pieces. Even putting two midgets on the posts to give the keeper more inclination to come off his line has to be a better option than matching a guy 2 foot smaller against one of their centre backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.