Southampton (H) League Cup Post-Match Thread

Very pretty patterns tonight. Bernardo placed it on Otamendi's head for the opener. Perfect passing move ending in a nice cross from Walker straight to Agüero. Quick feet Bernardo and my motm Sergio stole in off Mahrez' delivery. Unfortunate to concede from the corner and that Angeliño got injured. All the youngsters very impressive, hope to see them make it. Hearing the opposition fans sing we've got/lost the ball another highlight for me.

If that’s their first team, we need to do more on Saturday to up our goal difference. We could easily have had 5 tonight.
Yet again though, we are conceding a cheap goal.
The youngsters did really well.
Will he risk THB and Garcia together??? Put Ferni in front of them.
Shame for Angelino, he’s going to be out for at least 4 weeks with that injury.
At least Kun got another couple, I thought Gabby got about well but was a little isolated on the left with few options.
These are the games I expected Mahrez to dominate, yet he does the same thing, step over, cut inside & shoot.
3-1 is a respectable score and it was never going to be a goalfest as they defended far better than they did v Foxes.
Move the ball quicker and we will beat them again Saturday.
Decent turn out from Saints fans. Well done.

If that’s their first team, we need to do more on Saturday to up our goal difference. We could easily have had 5 tonight.
Yet again though, we are conceding a cheap goal.
The youngsters did really well.
Will he risk THB and Garcia together??? Put Ferni in front of them.
Shame for Angelino, he’s going to be out for at least 4 weeks with that injury.
At least Kun got another couple, I thought Gabby got about well but was a little isolated on the left with few options.
These are the games I expected Mahrez to dominate, yet he does the same thing, step over, cut inside & shoot.
3-1 is a respectable score and it was never going to be a goalfest as they defended far better than they did v Foxes.
Move the ball quicker and we will beat them again Saturday.
Decent turn out from Saints fans. Well done.

How on earth can you know Angelino is out for 4 weeks!

Comfortable victory. All the kids impressed, Tommy Doyle, very busy and tidy in possession. Angelino was excellent and offered a threat, let's hope the injury is nothing serious. Colchester at home please.

Through to the next round,Southampton looked petrified in the first half,and once we got to about the 60 min mark we eased off considerably,which I don’t have a problem with but come Saturday and if it’s a similar scoreline around the same minutes I want them to keep going and no dropping off..Doyle was very tidy in midfield as well didn’t look out of place,angelino’s crossing was spot on thought he had a decent game as well..

Above all alse if I was a southampton fan, and had made that journey for a midweek cup tie, I'd be seriously angry about that first half, it was like "we've turned up but are not interested".

We played in first gear for much of it, and surprise surprise in first gear we let in a stupid goal eventually, some decent performances nonetheless, I thought Doyle and Angelino played well, Bernardo and Mahrez not much.

Unfortunate to concede from the corner
It was just shit defending of a corner, hardly unfortunate.

A good performance and the kids are alright. I thought Angelino, Foden, Bernardo, Aguero and Mahrez were our best players and Otamendi was looking more confident.

However, that goal that we conceded from the corner is the reason why Pep hasn't played Cancelo or Angelino as much as he potentially could have.

Their concentration and defensive nous isn't yet up to scratch.

Enjoyed watching a game without fucking VAR ruining it.

Doyle and Foden impressed.

Angelino, Jesus, Garcia, Otamendi and of course Sergio played well too.

Felt like a training game inside the ground, I feel we could have scored more if we needed to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.