Southampton Post Match Thread

Sorry but how can 70+% possession and over 20+ shots on goal with their keeper winning the man of the match award for his heroics yet us still winning and scoring twice be classed as a horrible performance?

What do some of you expect?
We were a long way away from our best last night.
Our passing was all over the place at times and how many of those 20 shots really bothered Forster?
We are always going to have around 60/70% possession because most teams are shit scared of us and will just soak up the pressure and try to hit us on the break.
It was a horrible performance imo but we found a way in the end.
Maybe this is our blip yet we are still winning :)

You're right!

Christ on a bike! There's some serious delusion going on....

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59015-Man-City-2-Saints-1-Post-Match

They're not taking it well...

mrfahaji

Location London

Posts 2,358

In fairness, the time is "minimum of 5 minutes" I believe, so the only incorrect thing to do would be to play less than 5. That being said, god knows where 5 minutes came from. Actually, I know where it came from - Manchester City, media darlings, weren't winning, so they got some extra time to help them. Makes me sick.

Sterling is a little scumbag, hope he suffers a career ending injury asap. Add de Bruyne to the list, hideous pigface boy. And as for the commentators who can't help wnk over everything City do - they've had cheat mode enabled for about 10 years now, but that's not a problem is it? Who cares?! "Man City showed their class", no they didn't, cvntface, they showed how fcking jammy they are and how much help they get from everybody.
He seems nice.

Get the fuck in there wee Raheem yeeehaaaaa.

Was screaming after that belter of a goal.

I love our celebrations each time - it shows you how much these guys care. And our haters say "We are a bunch of mercenaries" hahaha. Brilliant. Our team spirit is incredible - this is why we are so good at the minute. Everyone fighting for each other, doing everything they can for the shirt.

CTID!!!!

We were a long way away from our best last night.
Our passing was all over the place at times and how many of those 20 shots really bothered Forster?
We are always going to have around 60/70% possession because most teams are shit scared of us and will just soak up the pressure and try to hit us on the break.
It was a horrible performance imo but we found a way in the end.
Maybe this is our blip yet we are still winning :)
Compared to how we can play, we weren't great. Passing needs to be quick and accurate and first touches need to be spot on when players have a chance of getting in behind the opposition. Those things have gone slightly off in the last two matches and it makes the parked bus so much more effective. We can't play at our best every single match though so a bit of a drop off was inevitable. The team are showing great character though which is all we can ask when they're not at their best.

Sterling's done a deal with the club to try to stop fans leaving early :-)

The great irony is southampton and that twat of a goalie were time wasting from the start and hence the extra 5 minutes. We got the time to score due to their fuckin time wasting brilliant.

Love the raz.

Compared to how we can play, we weren't great. Passing needs to be quick and accurate and first touches need to be spot on when players have a chance of getting in behind the opposition. Those things have gone slightly off in the last two matches and it makes the parked bus so much more effective. We can't play at our best every single match though so a bit of a drop off was inevitable. The team are showing great character though which is all we can ask when they're not at their best.

I agree. We would have dropped 4 pts the last couple of games in previous years.
It’s a great sign that we can win when we are not at our best.
Hopefully saving it for the swamp. Another Sick Swan would go down very nicely.

This team reminds me a bit of Real Madrid from last season where despite not being at their best they still kept going and scored some late winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.