Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

The problem really is that the offside rule is currently shite. People are technically offside in situations that it are very difficult for an Assistant Referee to rule on and VAR has to get out a micrometer. It’s a joke. If Bobb had been a few millimetres back, he still would have scored.

The offside rule needs to change. They need to go back to there being daylight between the players.
It’s their insistence of using VAR to interfere with these millimetre decisions. Margins that tiny are not clear and obvious errors by the ref or lino. Logic tells you that.
The use of VAR for this is sucking the enjoyment out of the game. Spurs would not have complained if Bobb had scored and I wouldn’t have any problem if it was the other way round. It’s ridiculous

The problem really is that the offside rule is currently shite. People are technically offside in situations that it are very difficult for an Assistant Referee to rule on and VAR has to get out a micrometer. It’s a joke. If Bobb had been a few millimetres back, he still would have scored.

The offside rule needs to change. They need to go back to there being daylight between the players.
This all day

Reactions: OB1

Don’t know whether it has been discussed on here but it looks as though it was on its way in anyway and if he hadn’t touched it it would have been a goal. Could be wrong though?

That was an outstanding performance yesterday to go to that team and limit them to 1 shot on target was incredible we never looked in danger and looked back to the end of last season form. Kovacic m.o.m for me by a distance.

It’s their insistence of using VAR to interfere with these millimetre decisions. Margins that tiny are not clear and obvious errors by the ref or lino. Logic tells you that.
The use of VAR for this is sucking the enjoyment out of the game. Spurs would not have complained if Bobb had scored and I wouldn’t have any problem if it was the other way round. It’s ridiculous
I may have missed something in this discussion but the linesman flagged for offside and the referee gave his decidion as offside, so the goal would have been ruled out even without VAR?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.