Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Woke up still sore and pissed about last night. Fuck the Champions League, literally not interested in this corrupt shitshow anymore

A really difficult night tbh, lost the breath when VAR disallowed the sterling goal. It feels more horrible after waking up when you see social media timeline filled with articles that lorente goal should have been disallowed.

Technology will ruin this beautiful game if it goes on like this. Home Broadcaster literally deciding the outcome.
There is an article in the MEN that states that the reason the Llorente goal was allowed was because his arm was tucked in BUT there is a rule change NEXT season that states that it would be DISALLOWED. The new rule states that no goal will be allowed via any handball, accidental or otherwise. It is tough to take (and I don’t think the ref was happy giving it, he gave a strange hand gesture whilst watching the replay) but we just have to suck on it.

In the cold light of day I feel it is important to reflect on the positives. We can concentrate on the domestic treble, Liverpool have at least two tough CL games to contend with, we won a lot of friends (maybe even new fans last night), Pep and the team will have a new hunger next season to put this right and when we do lose (which isn’t very often these days) we lose in style.

We'll hammer them Saturday. And then the rags on Wednesday. That should be all she wrote in terms of the PL. As long as Barca or Ajax win the CL, I couldn't give a flying.
To be fair, as long as liverpool dont win it is my way of thinking, wouldn't even be fussed if spurs won it

unbelievable attacking display from the lads, and apart from two mad minutes where laporte fluffed his lines :-(

we go again saturday

There is an article in the MEN that states that the reason the Llorente goal was allowed was because his arm was tucked in BUT there is a rule change NEXT season that states that it would be DISALLOWED. The new rule states that no goal will be allowed via any handball, accidental or otherwise. It is tough to take (and I don’t think the ref was happy giving it, he gave a strange hand gesture whilst watching the replay) but we just have to suck on it.

In the cold light of day I feel it is important to reflect on the positives. We can concentrate on the domestic treble, Liverpool have at least two tough CL games to contend with, we won a lot of friends (maybe even new fans last night), Pep and the team will have a new hunger next season to put this right and when we do lose (which isn’t very often these days) we lose in style.
MEN are incorrect. It doesn't matter where the arm is for a goal scored or whether it was deliberate you already cannot score with the arm, the rules are being changed because it doesn't already spell it out but the offside rule already infers it. He didn't see it hit the arm... the ref taps his hip. He wasn't given the behind the goal angle directly in front of it. It hurts but we are going to have to suck up the fact we had a wrong decision go against us again.

MEN are incorrect. It doesn't matter where the arm is for a goal scored or whether it was deliberate you cannot gain an advantage by the use of a hand. He didn't see it hit the arm... the ref taps his hip. He wasn't given behind goal angle directly infront of it.

MEN are clueless fuckwits.

Pissed ...? Slightly. But watching from home I knew we would lose this one. Gut feeling I guess. And I didn't celebrate sterling scoring. Cos overall we didn't deserve it. Why David Silva keeps playing ahead of others just not making any sense. Ederson keeping.... Yes great passer but general keeping is average. Oh well blues..... on to main target which is league. Fuck champions League. Even if we won this tie I don't think we would have won the competition. Barca lLiverpoo Ajax. Tough tough teams. And going for quadruple.... Would have needed a better squad to have handled this.

The good news is they are going to run out of "it wont happen next season" excuses soon.

Offside calls for and against us, penalty not given last season all against City in one tie last year... "Yep you're right but we'll have VAR next year, unlucky City."

Player scores with the use of the arm when it's never allowed when they see it, deliberate or not.
"Yep but the ref didn't see it, maybe next year we can have an independent body select the replay angles?"

"Oh and also the rules are vague so there may have been a loophole to argue it should have stood even though it totally wrong footed your keeper with the quick change of direction and even though it's already inferred in the current rules... Next year next year again, no need to complain... Ah you and your luck City eh?"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.